Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Random albums not songs, how?
I want Moode to continously play complete albums (not songs) in random order. Any way to make this happen?
(06-08-2020, 09:07 PM)HemiRick Wrote: I want Moode to continously play complete albums (not songs) in random order. Any way to make this happen?

Clicking the asterisk * below the volume wheel plays a single random album - but I guess you know that already. If you continue to click the * then the playlist will fill up with a series of random albums. When you have enough, go to the top and click 'Play'!
Currently @jonners method is the only way. There is a TODO list item to develop an album version of auto-shuffle but it hasn't gotten priority given all the other priority 1 items.

Maybe a dev will volunteer their time to create an album shuffle :-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I've been using akujen's MPDRandom Python script for the past year and it works flawlessly. You can have it run as a daemon in the background and it'll function like the official autosrhuffle feature, but then with albums.
(06-09-2020, 06:25 PM)Pieter Wrote: I've been using akujen's MPDRandom Python script for the past year and it works flawlessly. You can have it run as a daemon in the background and it'll function like the official autosrhuffle feature, but then with albums.

Ok To install this I need to SSH in to Moode and type this?
#Installation git clone git://github.com/axujen/mpdrandom.git cd mpdrandom sudo ./setup.py install
(06-09-2020, 06:25 PM)Pieter Wrote: I've been using akujen's MPDRandom Python script for the past year and it works flawlessly. You can have it run as a daemon in the background and it'll function like the official autosrhuffle feature, but then with albums.

Interesting. 

Does it work with Consume mode ON to prevent Playlist from growing?
Enjoy the Music!
(06-09-2020, 11:03 PM)HemiRick Wrote:

Ok To install this I need to SSH in to Moode and type this?
#Installation git clone git://github.com/axujen/mpdrandom.gitcd mpdrandom sudo ./setup.py install

Essentially yes. Open a SSH connection and issue the following commands:

Code:
git clone git://github.com/axujen/mpdrandom.git

Then navigate to the newly created folder:
Code:
cd mpdrandom

and install the script:
Code:
sudo ./setup.py install
(06-09-2020, 11:14 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:

Interesting. 

Does it work with Consume mode ON to prevent Playlist from growing?
Small correction to what I said earlier: the script allows the playlist to run empty (if consume is enabled) and then picks an album at random to play next. I guess that makes crossfading tricky?
Right. Crossfade needs two songs in the queue in order to perform the fade out/fade in.
Enjoy the Music!
ok followed your instructions and it appeared to install
running mpdrandom -h
get me this
pi@moodegarage:~/mpdrandom $ mpdrandom -h
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/mpdrandom", line 4, in <module>
    from lib.mpdrandom import main
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/lib/mpdrandom.py", line 22, in <module>
    import mpd
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'mpd'
Its not working for some reason plz help Thanks