Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Backup and restore configuration across versions
If on a Windows PC, write your own image of your configuration using freeware usbimager.exe. Just need a card reader to put the working SD card in. It doesn't shrink anything, basically a 1:1 clone. Took about 15 minutes to create an image of a 32GB SD card of a running MoOde Pi. Wrote that image to another card (same size), powered up a PI, voila, system back up and running, no config to do. I also wrote the image to another SD card, powered off the original Pi, powered up the clone, changed the IP, name and I had a 2nd PI up and running in no time.

7.5.0 has the config backup and restore written into the software (thanks, Tim) so you have the .ini file but across versions this cloning scenario works for me. Just have to remember to make a new clone after an upgrade.

It's awesome software and I thank Tim for the development. I haven't played with the bluetooth capabilities yet but my goal is to be able to have setups around the house paired to my phone which has audio files on it and have the set up start playing when I enter the room. Small house; basement, main floor and upstairs, MoOde Pi, with bookshelf speakers on each level.

Stay safe.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Backup and restore configuration across versions - by mheds5116 - 11-17-2021, 01:06 AM