Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Cannot manage Spotify playlist
Good morning everyone.
Since I use Spotify render I'm not be able to manage playlist I'm listening and change order or delete song. And th song is playing don't became "green". This happen only with MoOde Spotify render and not with other "Connect" devices.
Together with problem described in my other thread this make me use often TV and not MoOde.
Thank you and sorry for my English again.

Here the situation, with TV and with MoOde
That's what it looks like on mine as well. I don't have other Spotify renderers to try, so I assumed that was just how it always was. I expect it is a function/limitation of librespot.
----------------
Robert
Same on Android, but with Spotify windows app, i can manage the playlist.

I dont remember if it was always like that before or not.
Fancy that. I've just tried from the Spotify web player and find I can manage the list from there. So it looks like it is just Android in conjunction with moOde as end point. Change the end point for Android or the control point for moOde and it works.

Looks even more like a bug in librespot now.
----------------
Robert
I must be thick this morning. I've read the thread and looked at the screen captures and I still don't know what "manage Spotify playlist" means operationally. 

What am i looking for here? Available test articles are Spotify apps on iPad, iPhone, Android phone, and Linux laptop, Spotify renderers on moOde player, Facebook Portal, and LG SmartTV.

Regards,
Kent
(10-04-2021, 01:33 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: I must be thick this morning. I've read the thread and looked at the screen captures and I still don't know what "manage Spotify playlist" means operationally. 

What am i looking for here? Available test articles are Spotify apps on iPad, iPhone, Android phone, and Linux laptop, Spotify renderers on moOde player, Facebook Portal, and LG SmartTV.

Regards,
Kent

Hi Kent.

Load up a playlist in Spotify, then attach your session to a moOde renderer then browse the queue in various the Spotify apps.  I find that I'm able to interact with the "up next" elements on the queue on the web app, but not on my android app.  They are visible, but I can't move/remove/add/skip to any when Android is connected to moOde.  Other people report that they can when Android is connected to other renderers, but I can't test that.
----------------
Robert
I tried with moOde 5.3.1, and same issue, so yeah most likely a limitation with Librespot, i didnt find anything about this in the Librespot repo.
I guess I still don't know what to expect. I just did a test with four Spotify apps connected to my moOde 7.4.1 player:
  • Spotify Web app in Firefox on my Linux Mint laptop.
  • Spotify for Linux app on the same laptop
  • Spotify app on my iPad
  • Spotify app on my Android Pixel 3A phone.
When I create a playlist and save it on my iPad, it shows up in all apps. I can load it and start playing from any app. All the apps call out the currently playing track one way or another, say in the left column or in a bar on the bottom of the screen, and the call-out can be selected to make it full screen.

Only two (Spotify app on iPad and Spotify Web app on laptop) highlight the currently playing track in the playlist in green and with an animated bargraph.

From the Spotify app on my Android phone I can open, edit, and save the playlist and the change shows up in the other apps.

The thing is, I see similar behavior if I select one of these apps as the player instead of moOde.

Taken altogether, I don't see a librespot issue.

Always willing to be shown to be wrong Smile

Regards,
Kent
It may be you don't have the issue, or it may be that we have confused the terminology in this thread somewhat.  It is the queue that has the issue.  I shall try to demonstrate:

Using the Spotify web player, connected to my moOde player (Orpheus), I navigate to the play queue (the icon of lines with a triangle on the top line at the bottom right next to the player selection icon).  The currently playing item is shown, with the next from queue beneath.  This queue can be interacted with to move, remove, play now, add to playlist and so on.  See this screen shot with red scribble highlighting the pertinent bits:

Now, browsing the same session on the Spotify app on my phone, navigate to the play queue in the same way and the next from queue is inert, as can be seen here:

Finally, disconnect the Spotify session from moOde and the play queue on the phone is no longer inert:

If that is what you tried and failed to reproduce then it must be down to the vagaries of local networks or Spotify app versions.
----------------
Robert