Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Multiroom Audio - Receiver Volume Control Not Working
Everything is running 8.2.1 sir.
Thats very odd that receiver volume does not change.

How did you set ti begin with?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I agree.  It's that way on all the devices as well.  Those started again with fresh images for I think it was 8.2.0 64 bit.  I've only been able to use the synced volume with multi-room.  So no go.

Network infrastructure wise, I run a full ubiquity shop. The sender is plugged into a switch, all receivers are wifi. All on the same vlan.

I haven't tweaked anything btw, just install your general base images, then do the updates as they come out.

Is there an on device ssh command I can try to see if I can set it? Idk, I'm totally grasping as this point.

I'm happy to re-flash too. IDK, I've even re-flashed and not restored from backup, with a FRESH config and have the same issue.
You mean if you set "Master volume opt in" to Yes on the receiver then it works? Thats really strange since the same underlying command is sent to Receiver whether from Master volume or individual volume.

This actually sounds like a bug in trx-control.php. I'll investigate,
Enjoy the Music!
(10-17-2022, 08:47 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: You mean if you set "Master volume opt in" to Yes on the receiver then it works? Thats really strange since the same underlying command is sent to Receiver whether from Master volume or individual volume.

This actually sounds like a bug in trx-control.php. I'll investigate,

Yes!  If Master Volume Opt-in = YES on the receiver(s) and I change volume on the sender, everything works.  Just not individually.
Yes, definitely a bug :-0

It will be fixed in upcoming 8.2.2 :-)
Enjoy the Music!
(10-17-2022, 10:00 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Yes, definitely a bug :-0

It will be fixed in upcoming 8.2.2 :-)

Woot!  I can't wait!
I do have a question.

If you are not going to set one or more of the Receivers to opt in to master volume how are you going to control the overall volume of the listening spaces or is that not a requirement for your config?
Enjoy the Music!
(10-17-2022, 10:32 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I do have a question.

If you are not going to set one or more of the Receivers to opt in to master volume how are you going to control the overall volume of the listening spaces or is that not a requirement for your config?

On the sender, the main volume will be at say 50, I was planning to leverage the volume sliders that show up on the receivers drop down.  We have a few spaces which are in close proximity to each other and reducing volume or adjusting accordingly reduces the echo.
Hey Tim! Thanks for the update to 8.2.2!

I can confirm that setting the volume on an individual receiver via the browser comment you mentioned above works well. I get a confirm in the browser. It is even reflected as such on the sender, via the Receivers drop down menu.

However, I am still unable to control the volume of that individual receiver from the sender, via the Receivers drop down menu.

As always, please advise as to next steps.