Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Lowering output level
Stupid question, but where would I go to lower the output level? Running an IQAudio Dac into a vintage amp  (before CD’s were invented) and the output level is giving me a twitchy volume control. Need to bring the output volume down into the 200-300mV range instead of the 2V it’s getting now as it’s just overloading the amp’s input.
M>Configure>Audio and scroll down to Alsa Options...then set Maximum Volume as percentage of full output.....

You will need to set the volume control as Volume type- Fixed (0dB output) (which is downstream control) rather than Hardware.
M>Configure>Audio >Volume type
----------
bob
For the IQaudIO device the there are some settings for analog output voltage in Chip Options.

Menu, Configure, Audio
Chip options EDIT

Look at Analog gain and Analog gain boost
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Thanks everyone. Setting the chip gain to -6dB and Alsa volume at 90% gives me right at about 330mV with a 1kHz 0dB test tone. Much better control on the amp volume now. I’m sitting at about 2 o’clock on the volume where it used to be at 9 for the same level.