Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

restart spotify renderer
Dear all,

I have a moOde player that serves as audio source for an office radio. Its an old rpi3 but still running strong!

It connects to a local WIFI access point that's turned off when I'm not there. The player connects perfectly fine to the WIFI AP each time I turn the AP on. I only have one single issue with the current setup. After each time the player reconnects to the WIFI AP; I need to manually restart the Spotify renderer in the mo0de audio config - not a major issue, but still a step I'd ideally want to get rid off. I don't know why - but the Spotify renderer disappears when offline for a certain period of time. Restart the renderer and it immediately fixes the issue, and the renderer is working again.

Its probably a simple task for the skilled. But my skills are limited, so I have no idea where to start, other than I assume a script is the way to go. I'm very good at reading a recipe thou Smile. If any of you have a solution to this - and some guidance of where and what to write - I'm willing to give it a shot!

Best regards
Unfortunately I do not have the programming skills to help you out, but maybe there's another way.

Why not turn the RPi off together with the AP? In this way you save some power and no need for restarting Spotify renderer....
(09-10-2022, 08:17 AM)Falco Wrote: Unfortunately I do not have the programming skills to help you out, but maybe there's another way.

Why not turn the RPi off together with the AP? In this way you save some power and no need for restarting Spotify renderer....

I have thought of the same, but it requires an on/off switch, which needs to be soldered between the psu and rpi. At least that was what I thought until today. Found out that you can actually buy a micro-usb cable with a built in on/off switch Smile didn't knew that existed prebuilt. 

Might be worth a shot, otherwise I think I'll go down the "http://moode/command/?cmd=" route, as I think I might be able to implement the moodeutl as a function. Just need to figure out where to add the moodeutl to the list of API functions.