Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Disable Thumbnails
I just upgraded to 8.2.1 from 4.4 and a lot appears to have changed!  Thanks for all the work and enhancements.  But I'm hoping someone can direct me on how to disable all the thumbnails in the library "Browse by Folders" mode.  I'm seeing 4 different icons throughout my folders: artwork, "folder", "moOde", and "undefined".  What I'm looking for is an option to either turn them all off and show just the old "folder" icons, or show 2 (artwork and folder or moOde), but haven't found anything under preferences that'll let me do that.

My hardware is rather dated as well (Pi 2B and HifiBerry Dac+ Pro), but I'll go looking for newer hat options over in the Sound Quality and Audio Gear forums for advice on those.

Thanks!
Thumbnails in Folder view were an often request feature and were implemented in the 7.0.0 release back in 2020. They can't be disabled but there should be no issues if the song files are tagged properly. Untagged or sparsely tagged files won't work well in any of the Library views.

How is your collection organized and whats the tagging like?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(10-19-2022, 10:56 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Thumbnails in Folder view were an often request feature and were implemented in the 7.0.0 release back in 2020. They can't be disabled but there should be no issues if the song files are tagged properly. Untagged or sparsely tagged files won't work well in any of the Library views.

How is your collection organized and whats the tagging like?

My collection is organized under hierarchical folders by genre, then artist, then album.  Many of my files are untagged, so that would explain things.

I've never been a fan of tagging, perhaps because my library is all mixed, but probably mostly because of my listening habits.  When I listen, I don't want a hodgepodge of items (unless it's a party, but for that I would just make a playlist anyway), but rather decide that I'm going to listen to Bach's Goldberg Variations by Glenn Gould's and I know exactly the path to that in my folder structure.

I just modified inc/mpd.php and command/audioinfo.php to set $cover_hash=''; and that reverts back to the behavior of 4.4, so that'll work for me.  I don't update often (took me 4 years to move on from 4.4!), so it shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for a great product!