Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: No sound from HifiBerry Digi+
Unfortunately I am not a Spotify user so have never tried it with MoOde.
Someone else may be able to help here or perhaps start a new thread specifically for the Spotify issue.

Bob.
----------
bob
Thank you for the help so far, I was really banging my head against this thing. You saved a lot of frustration.

If anyone else knows how to change the sample rate for the Spotify Connect renderer, please do let me know!
(11-20-2022, 12:01 AM)threz_ Wrote: Thank you for the help so far, I was really banging my head against this thing. You saved a lot of frustration.

If anyone else knows how to change the sample rate for the Spotify Connect renderer, please do let me know!

I think the mystery is a bit deeper than this.

Case in point, I have a Creative Tech USB BT-W2 adapter I use with my Sennheiser wireless earphones. It accepts 48 kHz format only.

Code:
pi@m82p3a:~ $ alsacap
*** Scanning for playback devices ***
Card 2, ID `W2', name `Creative Bluetooth Audio W2'
 Device 0, ID `USB Audio', name `USB Audio', 1 subdevices (1 available)
   2 channels, sampling rate 48000..48000 Hz
   Sample formats: S16_LE
   Buffer size range from 96 to 96000
   Period size range from 48 to 48000

Subdevice 0, name `subdevice #0'
pi@m82p3a:~ $

I have no trouble playing tracks to this device via the Spotify app on my iPad to this moOde 8.2.2 player named m82p3a. Running speaker-test to device default:W2 works fine too.

ETA: In this testing, I have SoX resampling options:
Enabled: No
Bit depth: Any
Sample rate: Any

Regards,
Kent
(11-20-2022, 12:01 AM)threz_ Wrote: Thank you for the help so far, I was really banging my head against this thing. You saved a lot of frustration.

You should post an issue and ask about the sample rate in the librespot Git repo. That way you will get an answer from devs that make librespot. https://github.com/librespot-org/librespot/issues

Be sure to mention your particular audio device make and model and how you have configured its options and which output is being used on the HiFiBerry card. The more detail the better.

If you submit an issue post a link to it here so we can keep tabs on it.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I imagine they'll also want to know how librespot was started, e.g., with what options.

Here's what I get on my player

Code:
pi@m82p3a:~ $ ps aux|grep librespot
root     17569  0.0  0.9  13452  4364 ?        S    20:03   0:00 sudo librespot --name m82p3a Spotify --bitrate 160 --format S16 --ap-port 13561 --mixer softvol --initial-volume 0 --volume-ctrl log --volume-range 60 --cache /var/local/www/spotify_cache --disable-audio-cache --backend alsa --device _audioout --onevent /var/local/www/commandw/spotevent.sh
root     17573  1.9  2.1  19464  9328 ?        Sl   20:03   2:16 librespot --name m82p3a Spotify --bitrate 160 --format S16 --ap-port 13561 --mixer softvol --initial-volume 0 --volume-ctrl log --volume-range 60 --cache /var/local/www/spotify_cache --disable-audio-cache --backend alsa --device _audioout --onevent /var/local/www/commandw/spotevent.sh

So, in particular, we're using the alsa backend (that's important).

Regards,
Kent