Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

HifiBerry DAC+ DSP
Sad 
Hello there

For quite some time now I have an issue on my HifiBerry DAC+ DSP

I can't get no sound out of it.
If I press play I can hear a second of whatever should play and then it goes quiet again.

I played around with most settings in moode and couldn't find a fix.

I have another I2S source directly connected to the HifiBerrys other I2s input and this one just works fine.

I have also rolled back to the original configuration of the board but that did not change anything.
Has anyone an Idea what could cause such behaviour? I2S mismatch?

Today I also upgraded to 8.2.2 and instead of fixing something it broke my screen...

Tell me what informations would be useful to you so I can provide them!

Sincerely, Ale.
Creating solutions, not finding problems.
Try with a fresh unmodified image. Configure the correct DT overlay for the device in Audio Config and then if the issue is still present post the startup log and I'll have a look.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(12-05-2022, 11:16 PM)Ale2.0 Wrote: Hello there

For quite some time now I have an issue on my HifiBerry DAC+ DSP

I can't get no sound out of it.
If I press play I can hear a second of whatever should play and then it goes quiet again.

I played around with most settings in moode and couldn't find a fix.

I have another I2S source directly connected to the HifiBerrys other I2s input and this one just works fine.

I have also rolled back to the original configuration of the board but that did not change anything.
Has anyone an Idea what could cause such behaviour? I2S mismatch?

Today I also upgraded to 8.2.2 and instead of fixing something it broke my screen...

Tell me what informations would be useful to you so I can provide them!

Sincerely, Ale.

Hello Ale,

to make the DAC+DSP work you also have to install dsptoolkit on top of moOde.

HiFiBerry's procedure to install it is Buster based and outdated for moOde 8.x.x.

I've updated it for Bullseye, you will find the setup script as well as the latest DSP profile (dspdac-12.xml) on my GitHub repo here: https://github.com/homo-metallicus/moOde-dsptoolkit

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any question.
Romain
(12-06-2022, 06:52 AM)romain Wrote: Hello Ale,

HiFiBerry's procedure to install it is Buster based and outdated for moOde 8.x.x.

I've updated it for Bullseye, you will find the setup script as well as the latest DSP profile (dspdac-12.xml) on my GitHub repo here: https://github.com/homo-metallicus/moOde-dsptoolkit

Romain

Hey there

I did not need DSPtoolkit before.
Although it is installed anyway now. 

Could you please suggest your updated script to Daniel (the hifiberry dev)?
It was quite tideous for me to install as I am not very experieced with linux package handling. I am sure others would be grateful too!

My DSP profile is custom Wink.

In the end the problem was with the muting circuit in the DSP and not caused by moode!
Thanks for the help though!
(12-06-2022, 07:38 AM)Ale2.0 Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 06:52 AM)romain Wrote: Hello Ale,

Romain

Hey there

I did not need DSPtoolkit before.
Although it is installed anyway now. 

Could you please suggest your updated script to Daniel (the hifiberry dev)?
It was quite tideous for me to install as I am not very experieced with linux package handling. I am sure others would be grateful too!

My DSP profile is custom Wink.

In the end the problem was with the muting circuit in the DSP and not caused by moode!
Thanks for the help though!

OK, does it work now with sigmatcp-server/dsptoolkit installed on top of moOde?
(12-06-2022, 07:54 AM)romain Wrote: OK, does it work now with sigmatcp-server/dsptoolkit installed on top of moOde?

Hello

I have had it installed before.
But in the early days with moode 6.x i did not have the dsptoolkit and it worked fine too.

I think this may have been a requirement before there were official drivers?
(12-06-2022, 05:48 PM)Ale2.0 Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 07:54 AM)romain Wrote: OK, does it work now with sigmatcp-server/dsptoolkit installed on top of moOde?

Hello

I have had it installed before.
But in the early days with moode 6.x i did not have the dsptoolkit and it worked fine too.

I think this may have been a requirement before there were official drivers?

Probably because I also noticed it was working without the sigmatcp-server daemon on older moOde versions