Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Bluetooth Issues
I get the feeling I am missing the obvious here but can't see it!
Any pointers greatly appreciated.

I am trying to bluetooth from my linux(mint 21.1) computer to moode(8.2.5) on RPi4 which is connected to amp and speakers.

I keep getting "Connection Failed: le-connection-abort-by-local" on the computer when I try to connect to moode.   They are paired and trusted.
I can connect to moode fine with an android device and play sounds.   The computer connects to bluetooth speakers and android devices without any problems.
I've tried initiating the connection both from the computer and moode.   Initiating from moode nothing appears to happen.  Moode output to bluetooth speaker seems to work.

Curiously I was able to connect and play a few times yesterday.   Once connected and working it appeared to be solid until either the bluetooth connection was disconnected or moode or the computer was  rebooted.   The switch it all off and power up occasionally allowed me to reconnect everything.   I could not work out what the required sequence was to make it work.

[Image: confused.png]
The symptom suggests some sort of connection quality issue for example interference, weak signal, etc.

What make/model Bluetooth adapter is being used on the Mint machine?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(02-09-2023, 05:57 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The symptom suggests some sort of connection quality issue for example interference, weak signal, etc.

Go to the top of the class sir!

Just a small adjustment in physical location has solved it!
Thanks for the pointer.

I suspect I must have been on the edge with regards signal/strength/quality/interference.
I did notice whilst "playing" that there were a couple of occasions where the connection was very garbled for a few seconds then seemed to "lock on" and be fine.
Also when playing with the location I noted it appeared to be worthwhile restarting the service at both ends to ensure better initial connection.

For reference the bluetooth adapter is Laird BT852.

The reason for doing all of this is to be able to use Qobuz (and my other music on USB).......yes I know going over bluetooth I am not going to get the full benefits of Qobuz but this is in my "office" and primarily background rather than listening!
In the ideal world Qobuz integration or chromecast would be nice - hint hint!

Keep up the good work.
In the ideal world vendors whose business model is to provide content for a fee wouldn’t hide behind proprietary protocols.
(02-10-2023, 12:45 PM)dippy Wrote:
(02-09-2023, 05:57 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The symptom suggests some sort of connection quality issue for example interference, weak signal, etc.

Go to the top of the class sir!

Just a small adjustment in physical location has solved it!
Thanks for the pointer.

I suspect I must have been on the edge with regards signal/strength/quality/interference.
I did notice whilst "playing" that there were a couple of occasions where the connection was very garbled for a few seconds then seemed to "lock on" and be fine.
Also when playing with the location  I noted it appeared to be  worthwhile restarting the service at both ends to ensure better initial connection.

For reference the bluetooth adapter is Laird BT852.

The reason for doing all of this is to be able to use Qobuz (and my other music on USB).......yes I know going over bluetooth I am not going to get the full benefits of Qobuz but this is in my "office" and primarily background rather than listening!
In the ideal world Qobuz integration or chromecast would be nice - hint hint!

Keep up the good work.

Ok now I'm not so sure that it is a signal issue.

After the success of the other day both yesterday morning and this morning I could not re-establish bluetooth connection between moode and the linux box.
Even after moving the devices to within 1m of each other and no obstacle between.

What I am noticing is that you cannot always reconnect when the RPi and linux box/USB BT adapter have been paired and trusted more so after power cycles.
If I remove/forget the devices from the interfaces and then re-pair and connect it succeeds every time and connection remains solid.

As far as I can see the I only have the problem between the RPi and linux box/USB BT .   Bluetooth speaker, android tablet and phone, windows laptop do to seem to exhibit this behaviour.   They seem to just connect fine every time with both the linux box and the RPi.

My only conclusion is that there is some compatibility issue between the RPi and linux box/USB BT adapter on initial connection/negotiation.
Not ideal but I can live with this.