Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

CDSP log level
Evenin' folks.

I have occasional "decoder too slow" issues with some of the radio stream I frequent.  I have a script that detects and recovers, but it relies on looking for the xrun message in the mpd log.  When I use CamillaDSP, a lot of INFO and WARN level log messages get written which make the message I'm interested in disappear up the log before my script can read them.
Code:
Apr 28 17:33 : alsa_output: Decoder is too slow; playing silence to avoid xrun
CDSP Plugin WARN: IO Thread out of data.

Is there a way to turn down the CDSP log level, or get it to write to somewhere other than the MPD log?
----------------
Robert
(04-28-2023, 05:47 PM)the_bertrum Wrote: Evenin' folks.

I have occasional "decoder too slow" issues with some of the radio stream I frequent.  I have a script that detects and recovers, but it relies on looking for the xrun message in the mpd log.  When I use CamillaDSP, a lot of INFO and WARN level log messages get written which make the message I'm interested in disappear up the log before my script can read them.
Code:

Is there a way to turn down the CDSP log level, or get it to write to somewhere other than the MPD log?

ISTM the CDSP message is a consequence of the same problem. Couldn't you trigger on it?

Regards,
Kent
(04-28-2023, 06:11 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(04-28-2023, 05:47 PM)the_bertrum Wrote: Evenin' folks.

Code:

ISTM the CDSP message is a consequence of the same problem. Couldn't you trigger on it?

Regards,
Kent

I think the simplest would be to "OR" the trigger, I only have Camilla running when listening through headphones so it needs to cope with both.
In general though, I'm averse to having INFO and WARN logging on a "production system", that's just the support engineer in me getting sweaty Smile
----------------
Robert
What radio station?

I'll see if I can repro.

ETA: Nvm I see these warnings. There is no issue with playback but we definitely don't want the log spam.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-28-2023, 09:08 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: What radio station?

I'll see if I can repro.

ETA: Nvm I see these warnings. There is no issue with playback but we definitely don't want the log spam.

I think the under-run condition is likely to be caused by something in my local network, I get it from time to time on all the stations I listen to for any length of time, but can go days without seeing it sometimes.
Klara Continuo, Classic FM, Ancient FM, FluxFM 80's, Dandelion Radio, KEXP have all shown it up at one time or other.  I suspect my router is doing "something smart" to "optimise" my connection and that throws the stream off occasionally.

I can put the or condition in my script, but if we can get the log spam turned off that would be lovely.  Thanks.
----------------
Robert