Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Missing alpha-indexes on local 7'' display
(06-14-2023, 01:44 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(06-14-2023, 11:54 AM)Nutul Wrote:
(06-14-2023, 11:41 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: That's not what I get on my "official" 7-in Touch.
Odd to see an "off by one" error here.

Regards,
Kent

I'm using "square" pixel mode, don't know if that makes any difference... maybe I'll try in both modes later today.

Anyway, I am more keen to understand a 800 pixels wide viewport (min x = 0, max x = 799), rather than a 799-wide one...

Maybe something changed in the browser? older versions returned maxX / maxY instead? I cannot comment, as this is the very first time I use the "show viewport" thing.

Quick test with a Pi 7" Touch and the viewport popup shows the following:

Pixel aspect ratio
- Default 799 x 479
- Square 799 x 443

AFAIK viewport is 0-based so an 800px wide screen with pixel ratio = 1 and no Browser zoom would have a viewport max width of 799px. 

I'm not sure what could be causing viewport width to show 800px on your end.

Sorry Tim,

but 799 x 479, or 799 x 443 are not viewports... viewports express the width and height, not the max-values. I would consider the 7'' viewports as follows:

- Default 800 x 480 (having 0-799, 0-479)
- Square 800 x 444 (having 0-799, 0-443)

As 1080p is 1920 x 1080 (width 0-1919, height 0-1079), and not 1919 x 1079, which would imply 0-1918...

Anyway, it's indeed weird why I see 800 x 444, while you see 799 x 443. I get the same result if, to test it out, I define a mobile device with screen resolution of 800 x 444 in Chrome's developer tools...

BTW, where is the flag for showing such data dealt with in the UI? I may see, eventually, what data is available on my side.
Keep in mind, anyway, that my system is still online-updated; haven't re-flashed anything, I think, since 8.2.0 (or even 8.1.x)

Is there anywhere else I can look? Startup / config files...

ETA
Even weirder... rebooted, and now shows the same as yours... :-O
The viewport size reported in the popup comes from scripts-panels.js

Code:
notify('viewport', window.innerWidth + 'x' + window.innerHeight

I just go with 799 x 499 or 443 to construct the media query for the 7" touch since thats the viewport size reported by chromium-browser using the code above.

The same technique also works for the mobile, ultra-wide and other media queries.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(06-14-2023, 05:01 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The viewport size reported in the popup comes from scripts-panels.js

Code:
notify('viewport', window.innerWidth + 'x' + window.innerHeight

I just go with 799 x 499 or 443 to construct the media query for the 7" touch since thats the viewport size reported by chromium-browser using the code above.

The same technique also works for the mobile, ultra-wide and other media queries.

Hmm, I see.

As I said, a reboot made the thing back to "normal". What surprises me is indeed innerWidth and innerHeight being odd numbers (odd not meaning strange here, just not what you would expect from a width / height...)

Anyway, glad to see everything is back to normality.
The thing made me look here and there, though, and I saw something strange (more kind of not fully understandable), at least to my eye; but I'll post in the beta-crew not to pollute elsewhere. It's something related to the - basic - audio chain.