Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Filling out "System" settings causes System settings to hang
I'm having a weird problem with a fresh install of r822

I go to the "System" settings page and fill in "Host/player name", but it won't let me click "Set" without also filling in "Browser title", and File Sharing "Options". All of these are blank by default.

I pasted the default options into "Options" and finally clicked "Set", and after that the "Settings" page will not load. Even after rebooting the Pi, if you click "System", the page just hangs and never loads.
It looks like the same thing happens with the "Audio" settings tab, which means I can't change any settings without causing it to hang.

The "Audio" settings page contains a number of blank fields, and you can't set anything on the page without filling in all the blank fields. (Max MPD volume, Rotary Encoder, Crossfade, HTTP Streaming Port) Is that normal? It seems weird. I don't even know what to enter in the "Rotary Encoder" field - I don't have one. In any case, once I set all those settings, the browser hangs and that page will no longer load.
Try a fresh 8.3.3 image and prep it with the Raspberry Pi Imager per the Setup guide.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(07-01-2023, 02:47 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Try a fresh 8.3.3 image and prep it with the Raspberry Pi Imager per the Setup guide.

I'll give that a try. Is writing the image with dd not supported anymore?
Starting with release 8.3.0 we adopted the RaspiOS Bullseye security enhancements and our release images do not contain default userid/password, SSH or AP mode password.

You can use the Raspberry Pi Imager to easily enable SSH, create a userid/password and optionally a WiFi SSID/password. You can also use dd or any other image writer but the security prep has to be done manually.

Your best bet is to read the Setup guide
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I've been fighting this too,  glad I found this thread although I don't know that it's done me any good.  

Since I had been using moode for a couple  years (prior to 8.3.0)  I just tried writing the image using balena etcher like I did last time and I encountered this exact problem.   The first time I log in to the UI I can navigate into menus but then everything just hangs.  

OK, found this thread - read the Setup Guide,  used Raspberry Pi Imager and set options for ssh user/password - but the behavior is the same.   I can boot up the unit, enter the web interface and click on configure but after clicking "Save" on anything it hangs and my only option is to put the sd card back into my Windows PC,  delete the partitions (or Raspberry Pi Imager will fail),  then rewrite the image,  then experience that same failure all over again.    

I'm gonna feel really stupid if it's something simple but it's not from me not reading and rereading the setup guide until my eyes melt.

And suddenly this last time it works, though I'm not sure I did anything differently. 

Well.. yay!   I will update my reply if I learn anything as I continue setting it up.   Can't wait to have tunes again!
Raspberry Pi 3b+  Currently being updated to a larger SD card w/ local library.