Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Radio stuck on old metadata
Howdy!

My dad loves Moode and uses it a lot to stream music from online radio.  He called today to see if I could fix his problem.  One of his favorite stations is stuck on the metadata from some time in the past.  This has happened before, but I have no idea how I fixed it.  Is there something I can do?  Is this on the source end?

The station he's currently having trouble with is 

http://stream.wqxr.org/wqxr

Moode curtrently says it is playing Korngold.  Dad says this is incorrect and has been stuck on Korngold for a while. And I should add that I am seeing the same behavior here on my Moodes as well.

Thanks,
Mike
It's a fault with the broadcaster. moOde just displays whatever is sent by them.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Thanks. I will reach out to them.
@GuitarManMike

It looks like WQXR is now serving metadata "out of band".

Just like moOde, my RadioDroid app declares WQXR is streaming "Theme and Variations, Op. 42-Erich Wolfgang Korngold" no matter what the current selection is. OTOH, using a web browser to listen to WQXR via it's website's "Listen Now" gets one the correct metadata ("Schumann's Rhenish Symphony" at this moment, for example).

Looking around a bit, I've found the metadata is now accessible via http://api.wnyc.org/api/v1/whats_on/wqxr/ and the response is
a big JSON hairball. Change the "wqxr" in this api to whichever channel of theirs you're interested in.

Regards,
Kent
@TheOldPresbyope it still might be worth it to contact WQXR and see if it's just a glitch in their metadata feed.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(07-07-2023, 03:51 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: @TheOldPresbyope it still might be worth it to contact WQXR and see if it's just a glitch in their metadata feed.

No argument here. It may simply be benign neglect on someone's part.

Regards,
Kent