Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Need some helps with some moode (possibly) related streaming quirks
First of all, let me say I am not saying it's a problem with moode, but I need some ideas to figure out the problem.  

Here is the setup:

moode on a RPI zero. Only UPNP renderer is activated.

On a nas on the same network I run plexdlnaplayer which enables plexamp clients to connect via upnp to moode as it does not directly allow playing to upnp. 

on my android phone I have 2 ways to stream music:
a) plexamp which sees moode via plexdlnaplayer
b) I use airmusic to directly connect via upnp to moode.

Both methods work perfectly on their own BUT here comes the problem. 

Sometimes, while using b) all of a sudden a) starts playing. a) was paused and not playing and since airmusic gets kicked of moode or disconnects (not quite sure yet) the music playing on my phone starts using the phone speaker.

Say I am listening to youtube on my phone and am streaming via airmusic, all of a sudden youtube starts playing on the phone speaker and airmusic disconnects from moode. At the same time, plexamp starts playing directly to moode. I need to open plexamp client and pause the music then reconnect via airmusic to resume lsitening.

I "think" the problem is some sort of "autostart" and I am unsure where to this comes from: moode, plexamp or airmusic. It "feels" like either somehow a) was restarted and kicked b) off moode or b) dropped off moode and moode automatically started playing the previous stream? 

I've been going through all the options of moode, plexamp and airmusic and can't find any related settings. 

Is there anyone using these apps and can give me some ideas where to start looking to fix this problem?
Listening with the latest moOde on a RPI zero w with a MiniBoss DAC PCM5122 32bit 384kHz and a Volt+ AMP on a pair of Monitor Audio Bronze 100 speakers.

pi@moody:~ $ moodeutl -m 
CPU: 1.0 GHz, LOAD: 35% 47C | MEM: 63% used | DISK: 39% used, 4.1G free | PHP: 7 workers
(09-11-2023, 10:43 AM)ovizii Wrote: First of all, let me say I am not saying it's a problem with moode, but I need some ideas to figure out the problem.  

Here is the setup:

moode on a RPI zero. Only UPNP renderer is activated.

On a nas on the same network I run plexdlnaplayer which enables plexamp clients to connect via upnp to moode as it does not directly allow playing to upnp. 

on my android phone I have 2 ways to stream music:
a) plexamp which sees moode via plexdlnaplayer
b) I use airmusic to directly connect via upnp to moode.

Both methods work perfectly on their own BUT here comes the problem. 

Sometimes, while using b) all of a sudden a) starts playing. a) was paused and not playing and since airmusic gets kicked of moode or disconnects (not quite sure yet) the music playing on my phone starts using the phone speaker.

Say I am listening to youtube on my phone and am streaming via airmusic, all of a sudden youtube starts playing on the phone speaker and airmusic disconnects from moode. At the same time, plexamp starts playing directly to moode. I need to open plexamp client and pause the music then reconnect via airmusic to resume lsitening.

I "think" the problem is some sort of "autostart" and I am unsure where to this comes from: moode, plexamp or airmusic. It "feels" like either somehow a) was restarted and kicked b) off moode or b) dropped off moode and moode automatically started playing the previous stream? 

I've been going through all the options of moode, plexamp and airmusic and can't find any related settings. 

Is there anyone using these apps and can give me some ideas where to start looking to fix this problem?

I don't believe moOde can decide what upnp stream to accept / kick off. Maybe some sort of weak connection makes one player on your phone disconnect, and for some obscure to me reason, the phone itself un-PAUSEs the other player.

Have you tried, instead of pausing it, to close the app instead?

Just my 2c at it.