Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Waveshare 11.9 DSI 320x1480 problem
I have a Waveshare 11.9 DSI 320x1480 display. 
I installed the drivers and as with AndromedaStrain, initially the display scrolled correctly in landscape mode during the boot phase, but after booting the MoOde UI remains in portrait mode, plus there is no way to modify the orientation mode in the display settings. 
The viewport pop-up shows 319x1479. In one of the threads fongshuyuen also had a problem with the 400x1280 resolution and you Tim, wrote that "the screen size is encoded in CSS, but there is a bug that causes the text under the cover to be truncated in the playback view." I'll see if I can fix it in an upcoming version." 
You also wrote somewhere that you will add 400x1280 support to Moode, probably somewhere in the CSS, can you do this with 320x1480? I haven't found any other solutions yet. When I used xrandr, the entire image seemed to be rotated vertically and on the screen only the width of 320 was visible on the left side, and only part of it down (probably also 320) and the rest was down and off the screen.
Is it possible to add support for 320x1480 resolution to Moode similarly to 400x1280?
Display panel orientation is controlled by system settings that are external to moOde software. If your screen defaults to portrait orientation then the manufacturer should provide settings for changing it to landscape.

Once it boots up in landscape mode the viewport popup should show 1479x319. I can test this in the CSS and if it looks like the UI will render OK I'll add it for upcoming final end-of-year release.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(09-15-2023, 12:55 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Display panel orientation is controlled by system settings that are external to moOde software. If your screen defaults to portrait orientation then the manufacturer should provide settings for changing it to landscape.

Once it boots up in landscape mode the viewport popup should show 1479x319. I can test this in the CSS and if it looks like the UI will render OK I'll add it for upcoming final end-of-year release.

Hi All,

I have managed to get this screen to work after changing the file .xinitrc as fbset was returning 320x1480

Code:
#Force rotation for Waveshare
xrandr --output DSI-1 --rotate right --mode 320x1480

# Capture screen size
#SCREENSIZE="$(fbset -s | awk '$1 == "geometry" { print $2","$3 }')"
SCREENSIZE="1480,320"

The touchscreen needs adjusting too in /boot/config.txt ..

Code:
dtoverlay=WS_xinchDSI_Screen,SCREEN_type=6,I2C_bus=10
dtoverlay=WS_xinchDSI_Touch,I2C_bus=10,invertedx,invertedy

ETA Screenshots: