Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Camilla DSP upgrade?
Hi,
In Moode 8.3.6 the version of Camilla is 1.0.3
Are you planning to update thispackage, or is it something that each Moode user should do themselves (if capable)?
Thanks
Are you referring to upcoming CamillaDSP 2.0?

Sure we are planning to integrated it but several aspects of Camilla 2 require changes in moOde code in order to support it and so it will take some time to do the work.

What specifically in Camilla 2 are you interested in?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
The current version of CDSP in moOde is the latest offical released version, the other available versions are alpha state releases.

The issue with CDSP 2.0 is that it breaks the configuration files aren't compatible with version 1.x.
Hendrik indicates that conversion support is planned after the release of version 2.0.
See https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threa...st-7488364

Also the API breaks with the 1.x interface concerning volume control, which requires that mpd2camilladspvolume package also requires an update.

So we have the options
  1. to wait until the conversion is supported by cdsp
  2. create or own conversion tool
  3. manual edit your configurations
A config migration tool would be pretty important. Is the updated GUI mentioned in the diyAudio post essential for moving to Camilla 2 or is it more of a "nice to have"?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Yes that is essential; both have a very strong relation.
The config format is used by both.
(11-02-2023, 06:53 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Are you referring to upcoming CamillaDSP 2.0?

Sure we are planning to integrated it but several aspects of Camilla 2 require changes in moOde code in order to support it and so it will take some time to do the work.

What specifically in Camilla 2 are you interested in?

I have only just started playing with CDSP in Moode plus REW, and have struggled with both in places, especially moving filter files between the 2.
 Camilla v1.0.3 is usable, and is a good EQ platform, but if
an upgrade was due I would put my efforts on hold for a while and start again with the new version.
From your replies, and also bearing in mind the RPI changes you may be dealing with, I will carry on with what I have. The effort will hopefully not all be wasted!