Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

How to connect to and stream from Spotify?
How to I connect to my spotify account via Moode and stream content from it??

I think that in the Moode configuration I'd have to specify my account name & login credentials but can't locate it. 
Under Renderers I see the Spotify Connect section but no login credentials.  So what am I missing??
I do have a Premium account
Thanks
J
(11-25-2023, 09:29 PM)Agent_Smith Wrote: I think that in the Moode configuration I'd have to specify my account name & login credentials but can't locate it.

Not exactly:

1. you need a premium account
2. you start the Spotify renderer in moOde
3. you start Spotify on your phone, then cast the stream to moOde (you should see it in the available devices) by chosing it from the Spotify app; IIMNW, from that moment on the stream should be between the RPi and Spotify, and your phone might leave the scene.
Just remember that Spotify is entirely controlled by the client (Phone, PC, Tablet, etc) including volume, track selection and so on. moOde just acts as an audio renderer.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(11-25-2023, 09:41 PM)Nutul Wrote:
(11-25-2023, 09:29 PM)Agent_Smith Wrote: I think that in the Moode configuration I'd have to specify my account name & login credentials but can't locate it.

Not exactly:

1. you need a premium account
2. you start the Spotify renderer in moOde
3. you start Spotify on your phone, then cast the stream to moOde (you should see it in the available devices) by chosing it from the Spotify app; IIMNW, from that moment on the stream should be between the RPi and Spotify, and your phone might leave the scene.

Thank you for the clarification - This approach is totally missing from the documents. 

So I have to have another device to cast from....(as well as control from).  Pardon my bluntness but, this seems like a totally cocked up way to stream from a streaming service....through what is essentially an intermediary. From an architecture perspective, this has doubled the hops to get data out and hoping that the buffering at each device is sufficient and doesn't affect the latency (which would cause pauses/dropouts). It also puts a potentially flakey appllication in the middle.  My experience with casting is that getting it to work is a crap shoot for various reasons.

Fortunately for me this is a secondary requirement and I won't be going that route,  but will be looking for alternatives....sigh
Very odd.

Spotify Connect is embedded in thousands of commercial audio devices worldwide and is very robust. Both commercial and free open source audio applications have been deploying it for years and many of our users use it with no issues whatsoever.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(11-26-2023, 10:36 PM)Agent_Smith Wrote: It also puts a potentially flakey appllication in the middle.  My experience with casting is that getting it to work is a crap shoot for various reasons.
You do not get it:

from your device you select the device on which to play - in this case moOde - and the spotify-connect client in moOde will receive the URL to the Spotify stream, and will receive the audio stream from it; not from your phone.
There is no third layer, nor man in the middle; it's just a transfer of credentials.
Alternatively, you can always stream from your phone to moOde via BT; the quality won't be affected that much, bein Spotify lossy itself, to begin with.