Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: USB Drive issue
(01-14-2024, 12:26 AM)forty5cal1911 Wrote: Library DB regeneration after the Sabrent firmware update did hang up without generating the I/O error in the log. After doing some research I didn't realize how VERY picky these RPi 4B's are with regard to USB 3.0 storage adapters.

This is my model Sabrent enclosure: https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-Tool-free...=UTF8&th=1

In order for some of the more problematic adapters to work you must disable UASP.

Here is what I have done to fix this particular Sabrent USB enclosure.

Identify USB device ID:
sudo lsusb

Bus 002 Device 002: ID 152d:1561 JMicron Technology Corp. / JMicron USA Technology Corp. JMS561U two ports SATA 6Gb/s bridge

Edit /boot/cmdline.txt:
sudo nano /boot/cmdline.txt

Add USB device ID to the beginning of the line:
usb-storage.quirks=152d:1561:u

Write out file and reboot

Here are some very helpful links I found with a ton of info regarding RPi and compatible USB storage devices:

https://jamesachambers.com/best-ssd-stor...-pi-4-400/

https://jamesachambers.com/fixing-storag...e-updates/

After performing this fix the Library DB regeneration went through no problem in less than two minutes with 8k files.

Nice, and good info. I had no idea there were usb storage quirks.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(01-14-2024, 12:26 AM)forty5cal1911 Wrote: Add USB device ID to the beginning of the line:
usb-storage.quirks=152d:1561:u
Interesting thing!

Just write it down somewhere, so that you don't forget to add it, shall a reflash of the SD card took place.
Hello, same issue on my system. Strange because it worked very nice for many years, but one day the hdd is not seen by Moode. It's ok on other windows computers, but no more on my Moode Pi4.
I have done a frech install, with 8.3.7 and 8.3.6 too but no more hdd seen by moode.
I edited the cmdline.txt with the name of hdd (linux see it with this command: "sudo lsusb") but nothing append. Moode never see it now.
Any idea?
Post your mpd log.

run: moodeutl --mpdlog then copy output to a txt file and attach here.

Post output of your "sudo lsusb" command.

Post your cmdline.txt

Does your HDD have a power adapter or is it powered via USB?
(01-31-2024, 08:10 PM)SarahConnor Wrote: Hello, same issue on my system. Strange because it worked very nice for many years, but one day the hdd is not seen by Moode. It's ok on other windows computers, but no more on my Moode Pi4.
I have done a frech install, with 8.3.7 and 8.3.6 too but no more hdd seen by moode.
I edited the cmdline.txt with the name of hdd (linux see it with this command: "sudo lsusb") but nothing append. Moode never see it now.
Any idea?

It's generally a poor idea to add a post to a thread already marked "SOLVED" unless you're specifically addressing the solution that was offered. Start a new thread instead. You can always reference the existing thread in your post.

This comment stands out to me "but one day the hdd is not seen by Moode." 

Do you mean it spontaneously stopped being detected by your existing moOde player or did you change something in the player after which the drive is nor longer detected? Changes might include an update to moOde, changes in the moOde configration settings, adding or changing hardware, etc. Be specific to be terrific.

Regards,
Kent