Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Dirac? Thank you, I'm fine with moOde/camillaDSP.
Hello moOde forum,

this is Tobias from Weimar, Germany. A big thanks to the makers of moOde, especially for integrating camillaDSP!!!

These are the results of using camillaDSP/moOde in my living room stereo-setup, and I quote from the Dirac homepage:
"1. Improved localization of sound events (“staging”).
2. Better clarity and intelligibility in music and speech.
3. A deeper and tighter bass free of resonances throughout the entire listening area."
... but without using Dirac.

The step change in my audio journey was not to exchange hardware, e.g. the fairly dated Dac I'm using, a Cambridge Audio Dac Magic with say a latest technology RME ADI-2 DAC (my headphone DAC/amp). I tried that and the bang for the buck was underwhelming. Instead I got a mic for a fraction, measured reference curves with REW and used camillaDSP/moOde on a digione signature (a mere digione would've done, probably) for DSP. Bingo. It sounds so good, I'm done with Hifi tweaking. And software did the trick.

I love bass. My speakers lower -3dB point is at ~24Hz. The downside of them delivering the low frequencies was hassle with resonance. Equalization attempts with picoreplayer or tuning down bass entirely always felt like a band aid, not a solution. moOde solved the matter for good.

Main moOde features for me: in-place update, squeezlite renderer & camillaDSP

Yours
Tobias
(01-16-2024, 09:54 AM)OtttO Wrote: Hello moOde forum,

this is Tobias from Weimar, Germany. A big thanks to the makers of moOde, especially for integrating camillaDSP!!!

These are the results of using camillaDSP/moOde in my living room stereo-setup, and I quote from the Dirac homepage:
"1. Improved localization of sound events (“staging”).
2. Better clarity and intelligibility in music and speech.
3. A deeper and tighter bass free of resonances throughout the entire listening area."
... but without using Dirac.

The step change in my audio journey was not to exchange hardware, e.g. the fairly dated Dac I'm using, a Cambridge Audio Dac Magic with say a latest technology RME ADI-2 DAC (my headphone DAC/amp). I tried that and the bang for the buck was underwhelming. Instead I got a mic for a fraction, measured reference curves with REW and used camillaDSP/moOde on a digione signature (a mere digione would've done, probably) for DSP. Bingo. It sounds so good, I'm done with Hifi tweaking. And software did the trick.

I love bass. My speakers lower -3dB point is at ~24Hz. The downside of them delivering the low frequencies was hassle with resonance. Equalization attempts with picoreplayer or tuning down bass entirely always felt like a band aid, not a solution. moOde solved the matter for good.

Main moOde features for me: in-place update, squeezlite renderer & camillaDSP

Yours
Tobias

Hi Tobias,

and welcome abouard!

Good to hear you managed to carry out such a challenging task like room and speaker correction with CamillaDSM in moOde.

Since you've been so successful it would be, IMO, a nice contribution if you could share, step by step (and possibly with some spare screenshot) the various phases of the journey towards the result filter / EQ settings that you applied in CamillaDSP.

e.g.
- microphone (brand / model / positioning)
- REW steps reads / analysis / correction curve extraction
- Camilla configuration based on REW results

Wow!
You got me there, I might actually do that. Possibly a good point in time to 'give back'.

Especially since there still does not seem to exist a complete guide for a stereo setup using REW/squeezelite/moOde, does it?

I'm a bit hesitant since to do this properly I expect +20h of work - to be of help for people with a decent or better technical understanding.
(01-16-2024, 01:26 PM)OtttO Wrote: You got me there, I might actually do that. Possibly a good point in time to 'give back'.

Especially since there still does not seem to exist a complete guide for a stereo setup using REW/squeezelite/moOde, does it?

I'm a bit hesitant since to do this properly I expect +20h of work - to be of help for people with a decent or better technical understanding.

You are right.

I know it is a time consuming thing, and we're definitely not in a hurry. It's already a gift that we found you (or you found us...).
Thanks in advance for your help, and have a great day.
You might want to wait until after upcoming 8.3.8 release (Q1 2024) because it includes significant updates to Squezzelite and CamillaDSP.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(01-16-2024, 01:59 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: You might want to wait until after upcoming 8.3.8 release (Q1 2024) because it includes significant updates to Squezzelite and CamillaDSP.

Good to know, thanks.

...once the new release is out I'll go through the process of room correction again, from scatch, but this time take screenshots
(01-16-2024, 03:56 PM)OtttO Wrote:
(01-16-2024, 01:59 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: You might want to wait until after upcoming 8.3.8 release (Q1 2024) because it includes significant updates to Squezzelite and CamillaDSP.

Good to know, thanks.

...once the new release is out I'll go through the process of room correction again, from scatch, but this time take screenshots

Thanks, I would be interested in giving it a try.