Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: No Sound/Volume When Using Bluetooth As Source
I have been using Moode on RPi 4 with my Schitt Modius for roughly 2 years and I love it. I mostly stream music from my NAS over SMB and also via Spotify Connect. 

Today I paired my phone to it via Bluetooth. When I play audio from my phone though, I am getting no (audible?) output from my cans. Anyone have any troubleshooting steps I can try?

Observations:
  • No issues switching back to SMB/Spotify Connect, I get normal playback
  • In Moode web UI it says it's in Bluetooth mode connected to my phone
  • When my phone is pushing bluetooth audio, I see no noticeable setup issues. It says it's outputting to Moode Audio, full bluetooth volume. This makes me suspect the issue is somewhere in Moode. 
  • In Developer Settings on my phone, I only see SBC and aptX as the available options (all other options greyed out). Tried both; no luck. I saw there are ways to install other codecs like LDAC on Moode but I just wanted to get SBC/aptX working first.
What version of moOde?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Might help to know what phone/OS is involved too.

Regards,
Kent
(02-02-2024, 09:11 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: What version of moOde?

Just updated to latest today! I don't remember what version I was running earlier today but it was not working on that nor on latest.

mo0de release = 8.3.7 2023-12-07
(02-02-2024, 09:56 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Might help to know what phone/OS is involved too.

Regards,
Kent

Sammy S23 Ultra One UI 6.0/Android 14
Reboot and then post the contents of the startup log.

The log can be viewed via the SSH command moodeutl -l or downloaded via the Logs section in System Config, or via Menu, System info from the any of the Config screens. The startup log will be at the end of System info output.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
@asianpianoman

So I just tried my Nexus 6a running Android 14. My Pi3B+ is running moOde 8.3.7; the audio output device is set to a Creative Tech W2 USB-BT adapter feeding my Bluetooth Sennheiser headphones.  (I'm using the USB-BT adapter so I don't need the Pi3B+'s Bluetooth output.)

Turned on the Bluetooth controller in moOde and enabled the pairing agent as well. Looked for it using the phone's Bluetooth "Pair a new device" function. Found the player (PI3BPLUS Bluetooth"), paired, and connected.

Fired up a music app on my phone and et voila music emerges from my headphones. Opening the webUI on my laptop, I see the "Bluetooth Active" overlay.

Clicking on "Audio info" I get (with no attempt to format the screen scrape)

Code:
 Input / Output
Source Bluetooth stream
Source format Unknown
Decoded to PCM 16 bit 44.1 kHz, Stereo
Output format PCM 16 bit 48 kHz, Stereo, 1.536 Mbps
ALSA mode Default (plughw)
Audio chain Bluetooth -> plughw -> Device
DSP operations
Resample rate
Selective
Volume type MPD Software (24-bit)
Audio Device
Device Creative Bluetooth Audio W2
Mixer name n/a
Interface USB
Formats S16_LE
Platform Pi-3B+ 1.3 1GB

Seems like everything is working as advertised for me.

Regards,
Kent
Problem solved.
(02-03-2024, 07:08 PM)drfous Wrote: Problem solved.

Cool.
It would be even cooler if you'd let us know how you solved it. I mean, you, or the OP.
I was getting no sound from the BT.

In the audio section I had the output mode set to direct. Switched back to default and all is well.