Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Advanced Search only turning up a single album
Hi,
This problem has happened since going from version 8.3.8 from 8.3.7

I wanted to do a search of all albums from the 1990s. Tried it in the search input and then the advanced search. It only turns up a single album. This is also the case if I try other date ranges. When I try putting in a single year I get nothing.

I tried putting in a range into the Release date field but that shows no results.

This is using Chrome on Windows. I've tried Edge too. I've cleared cookies, cache and so on.

Any ideas?

Best regards,
Nick
Could be a bug. I'll investigate.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(02-21-2024, 11:19 AM)TamedShrew Wrote: This problem has happened since going from version 8.3.8 from 8.3.7
There is no problem in my library. Maybe your DATE tags are not in a compatible format?!?
I searched for albums from 2000, and i got 39 out of 1254...
Confirmed there is a bug in Quick search but Advanced search works ok on my end.
Note that Adv search only takes a single year and not a year range as does quick search.

ETA: Adv search queries MPD database directly which has a 4 digit year. Quick search queries the moOde Library which has a 6 digit year (allows for month)

Fixed in upcoming 8.3.9 (Q1 2024)
Enjoy the Music!
(02-21-2024, 01:07 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Confirmed there is a bug in Quick search but Advanced search works ok on my end.
Note that Adv search only takes a single year and not a year range as does quick search.

ETA: Adv search queries MPD database directly which has a 4 digit year. Quick search queries the moOde Library which has a 6 digit year (allows for month)

Fixed in upcoming 8.3.9 (Q1 2024)

That's brilliant, thanks!

I'll stick to quick search for date ranges from now on then.

What's the reason that date ranges aren't supported in advanced search?
Advanced search queries MPD database directly and MPD doesn't appear to support searching a date range. The quick search feature queries the custom moOde library database which is an enhanced version of the underlying MPD database.
Enjoy the Music!