Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Mercury Streamer V2
@brissoukun 

I don't disagree with Tim's suggestion on your now-closed thread that it's up to the OEM vendor to support their images. However, I see that none of the images provided by Pi2AES for the various FOSS music players appears to be newer than Jan 2023 or so. I'm thinking they're not going to be very helpful.

Looking at their support page it appears they think four things are needed to customize an image:
  • enable the CM4's USB2.0 ports
  • switch the CM4 WiFi to external antenna
  • include the HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro driver
  • enable HDMI output
The first two can be accomplished trivially on a fresh moOde image by editing the /boot/config.txt file before first boot.

The HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro driver is already included in moOde images.

I'd like to say handling the HDMI output can already be done in moOde's Audio config but I'm not sure what Pi2AES is doing with the HDMI output.

So, I suggest you use the Raspberry Pi Imager to flash a fresh moOde image to a uSD card. Then remount the card on whatever system you're running the Imager on and edit /boot/config.txt (this is for moOde 8.3.9)

Here's what that file currently contains on my moOde 8.3.9 player

Code:
[cm4]
otg_mode=1

[pi4]
hdmi_force_hotplug:0=1
hdmi_force_hotplug:1=1

[all]
disable_splash=1
disable_overscan=1
hdmi_drive=2
hdmi_blanking=1
hdmi_force_edid_audio=1
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
hdmi_group=0
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
dtparam=i2s=on
dtparam=audio=on
#dtoverlay=disable-wifi
#dtoverlay=disable-bt

In the  [cm4] stanza insert two new lines as follows

Code:
[cm4]
otg_mode=1
dtoverlay=dwc2,dr_mode=host
dtparam=ant2

Adding the dtoverlay turns on the USB2.0 ports and the dtparam switches WiFi to the external antenna.

Now eject the card and try booting your Mercury Streamer from it. Should work (he said with his fingers crossed).

Just my 2-cents worth.

Regards,
Kent
Right, there is no problem if the goal is get an official moOde image running on the OEM device. Thats prolly a scenario that can be supported.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Many thanks @TheOldPresbyope for your instructive information and checks.
Let me give it a shot within the next few days and confirm things are working as intended.

The way you explain this, this looks like it should do it :-)
I keep you posted folks.