Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

New Moode user outside Chicago
At least I’m hoping to be a user soon - struggling with my install, but not ready to call out for help.

Quote:Chris here.  Mostly known as “Bigbargain” in many audiophile forums. 

About me;
retired software developer
- lifetime audiophile
- horns and tubes and solid state with multiway and lots of diy
- electronic crossovers always, but moving to dsp exclusively
- full “hobby” electronics shop (also woodworking) used for building and repairs
- mostly streaming souces
- goals have been full digital from source to amps, except analog gain/volume control.  Limit to only 1 digital to analog conversion in the chain
- have used, volumio, rune, musicbox, pulseaudio crossover rack, and more…
- i have a very understanding audiophile wife, so my audio life is much easier than many's
right now I’m transitioning from pulseaudio crossover rack to moode and callilladsp. (If i can get my install right)

Lots more to say and looking forward to diggin in.  But right now, gonna get back to my install.
Welcome aboard, Chris.

Your first post reads like you may have some tales to tell.

moOde should not be difficult to configure...but be sure to read the entire setup guide *before* even flashing the image.

I moved from Chicago to a town in Maryland the same year Ronald Reagan was sworn in as president. Now I have a grandson who moved there because he took to heart all the stories about Chicago I told him while he was growing up. Good excuse for me to get back from time to time.

I'm jealous of your workshop and goodies. Through various moves and retirement I've downsized to a single desk which doubles as my workbench and some banker's boxes full of the assorted parts and boards I still have. Even gave up my treasured acoustic suspension speakers and EL34-tubed amps I acquired back in the day.

Regards,
Kent
Thanks Kent.

I have the opposite problem - i built this house over 30 years ago, raised a couple kids in it and i have a couple hobbies. I’ve lived my whole life within a few miles of right here and been marred to the same girl for most of it. Enough said. I love my hobbies, and i dread downsizing.

My sound system it a little over the top and an assemblage of a bunch of esoteric things that i think sound good and depending on the piece, sometimes many agree. Frankly, it’s totally impractical, but sounds nice and tinkering keeps me entertained and busy.