Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Large Music library
Have tried a few times to add my entire library approximately 15,000 songs mostly flac to the playlist. I then use random play button to launch. In deed music does play, however if I try to skip a song or navigate to other screens there is a long delay in getting player to react. Are any there tweaks or Pro tips to get around apart from using a smaller number of songs?

Thanks
Thats not going to work. MPD random play is ok for maybe a couple hundred tracks.

First clear the giant playlist then open Audio config and turn on Auto-shuffle.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(11-05-2018, 12:51 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Thats not going to work. MPD random play is ok for maybe a couple hundred tracks.

First clear the giant playlist then open Audio config and turn on Auto-shuffle.

I tried that early on in my quest to create continuous streaming but could not get it to work. I have deleted giant play list and turned on auto shuffle. I added one song to playlist and waited for it complete playing but playback just ended and no song was added. Is it possible I damaged the moOde build by adding such a large number of songs?
(11-06-2018, 02:15 AM)Onionhead Wrote: I tried that early on in my quest to create continuous streaming but could not get it to work. I have deleted giant play list and turned on auto shuffle. I added one song to playlist and waited for it complete playing but playback just ended and no song was added. Is it possible I damaged the moOde build by adding such a large number of songs?

Besides turning on Auto-Shuffle in the Audio-Config menu, you also need to switch on "Random" on the playback screen, and preferably also the "Consume" option.
You don't need to have a song in the playlist. As soon as you turn on "Random", moOde will see that the playlist is empty and will add a new song.

JST
 :@
I know its somewhat confusing but turning on Auto-shuffle in Audio config simply changes what the Random button on the Playback panel does.

Click the Random button and you should also see the Consume button light up.

Then Auto-Shuffle will begin working its magic :-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Start by clearing the playlist, then do as described above and start play. With a large library it may take a minute or so for play to begin, so give it time.
Love it! Thanks for the pro tips Tim, JST1963 and jonners.
(11-06-2018, 09:27 AM)jonners Wrote: Start by clearing the playlist, then do as described above and start play. With a large library it may take a minute or so for play to begin, so give it time.

I moved to 5 beta recently and found auto shuffle a challenge, shocking I know Exclamation Happens to me each time I upgrade software or forget to check the forum. Below is my procedure

Clear playlist
Clear UI browser cache
Set auto shuffle on
Select random
hit the play button

Please and Thanks for posting the correct procedure.