Moode Forum
Loss off network shares on 8.2 - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: moOde audio player (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Support (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Loss off network shares on 8.2 (/showthread.php?tid=5080)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Loss off network shares on 8.2 - TheOldPresbyope - 11-02-2022

(11-01-2022, 09:06 PM)Sehnsucht Wrote: Interesting that a few other people have noticed this problem I mentioned here a good while ago:
https://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=4777&pid=40947#pid40947
It's the reason I've stuck to 7.6.1 on my main system.

I also have a Pi Zero W on the latest moOde and the problem recently got worse: previously on v8 I was at least able to use samba to access the sd card from Ubuntu and it was just via an Android app where accessing moOde ceased to work, but since upgrading to 8.2.2 I cannot access it from Ubuntu either.  Very odd.

Did you enable SMB file sharing in the m > Configure > System panel?

If you enabled it, disabled it, and reenabled it, have you tried rebooting the player? (see my previous post).

I don't know X-plore but the Owlfiles app on my Android Pixel 3A phone has no problem accessing moOde 8.2.2 SMB shares; neither does the Owlfiles app on my Apple iPad 9.7; neither does my Linux Mint laptop. 

The (virtual) Windows 10 Pro running on the same laptop won't detect my moOde 8.2.2 players using "This PC > Network" but I have no problem using "map network drive" to access moOde's SMB shares. (All subject to the condition in my previous post.)

Regards,
Kent

RE: Loss off network shares on 8.2 - Tim Curtis - 11-02-2022

The problem is that for every failure case there is a success case sometimes with the same or similar setup. Thats not a good scenario for troubleshooting.

When it comes to discovery failures in "network neighborhoods" IME often everything including the Router needs to rebooted. Thats no guarantee of success though especially if there are issues in the network itself.

RE: Loss off network shares on 8.2 - DRONE7 - 11-02-2022

Everything !  agreed the whole lot, router, MoOde/Pi, NAS. any windows and every other device and 9 times out of ten then problem solved and it all works as expected.

One only has to scroll through the threads here to see so many problems solved after multiple reboots.  These don't report that the whole interconnected devices and network were eventually restarted and the ' Big Grin cure' aka updated configuration kicked in.

RE: Loss off network shares on 8.2 - rph-r - 11-02-2022

(11-02-2022, 12:02 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @rph-r

OK, I finally managed to repro your predicament, but only by

1) initially setting up the moOde 8.2.2 player with SMB file sharing ON (enabled). As I reported before, my Linux Mint laptop has no problem accessing the player's SMB shares, including using the smbclient as I showed.

2) switching the SMB file sharing OFF (disabling it). At this point, if I try to use smbclient, I get the Error NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_REFUSED. This is expected.

3) switching the SMB file sharing back ON. At this point, trying to use smbclient still results in Error NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_REFUSED. This is *not* expected.

I don't know yet what's happening here but I can recover the situation in 1) by rebooting the moOde player. I'll start tracing the relevant php code later.

Regards,
Kent
Thank you for working on that Kent!

(11-02-2022, 01:50 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: When it comes to discovery failures in "network neighborhoods" IME often everything including the Router needs to rebooted. Thats no guarantee of success though especially if there are issues in the network itself.

I rebooted everything included router many times. I also tweaked in the latter, setting static IP or not...
I can try some more reboots...

Anyway I don't like that random network working-not working. Moode is not particularly in cause, I already experienced issues around RPis, Mint and my router (e.g. when Moode is in DHCP mode, sometimes the router changes IP AND name, so moode becomes moode-1, then impossible to connect with moode/).

@rph-r

After a second reboot it’s time to try something different Tongue

I’m curious— what make/model router and what ISP?

Regards,
Kent

RE: Loss off network shares on 8.2 - Phosphoric - 11-02-2022

Without wishing to butt in but I have a similar problem, first posted in this thread:

https://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=5104

After reading rph-r's problem I've had another dabble and found something interesting.

I turned everything off and the restarted in this order:

Boot PC with Mint 21 live image (therefore completely clean)
Boot moode 8.21 and it opened up fully with no permission problems!
Boot RPI OMV5 NAS, that opened up OK also.

But..... moode has now lost it's permissions and I can't get in to the USB mounted sd card to edit again.

I've replicated this several times now on two different Linux Mint pcs and I find I can have one but not two RPIs

It strikes me that  sometimes I'm asked to confirm username/password and the username is the same for both devices, by default:
pi/moodeaudio and pi/raspberry for my NAS.   Different IP of course.

@Phosphoric

I have some things to do IRL so can't explore this until later.

Off hand, I don't recall seeing anything similar. (I'm running OMV on an Odroid HC1.)

Your two RPis do have different Linux hostnames *and* different mDNS names, right?

Regards,
Kent

RE: Loss off network shares on 8.2 - Phosphoric - 11-02-2022

(11-02-2022, 03:47 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @Phosphoric

I have some things to do IRL so can't explore this until later.

Off hand, I don't recall seeing anything similar. (I'm running OMV on an Odroid HC1.)

Your two RPis do have different Linux hostnames *and* different mDNS names, right?

Regards,
Kent
@TheOldPresbyope 
Thanks Kent,
hostnames are differnt,  moode and raspberrypi.  I'm afraid I don't know how to find the mDNS names.   In my router  (Deco mesh system) they have different names and  different fixed IP address.
Thanks
Ray

(11-02-2022, 01:39 PM)Phosphoric Wrote: I turned everything off and the restarted in this order:

Boot PC with Mint 21 live image (therefore completely clean)
Boot moode 8.21 and it opened up fully with no permission problems!
YES! I reproduced that. I have another RPi with a NAS, I disabled it, rebooted all other guys, and I can now access Moode USB drive and everything...