Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Loss off network shares on 8.2
@rph-r

I have pretty much the same problem.  I've been trying for weeks with permission problems and could not find a solution.  It started for me with ver.8.xx.  Previous ver.7.xx worked fine and still work fine.

My workaround was to move my music files to my RPI NAS but would still like a solution to permission problems with attached USB storage.
(10-31-2022, 12:43 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @rph-r

Before trying anything else, try rebooting both the Linux Mint box and the moOde player (with the HDD still connected and without turning off SMB share service). There may be a stale cache causing what you see.

Regards,
Kent

I already did that... I'll try one more time this evening with a fresh boot of both machines...
(10-31-2022, 09:19 AM)rph-r Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 12:43 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @rph-r

Before trying anything else, try rebooting both the Linux Mint box and the moOde player (with the HDD still connected and without turning off SMB share service). There may be a stale cache causing what you see.

Regards,
Kent

I already did that... I'll try one more time this evening with a fresh boot of both machines...
nope...
Normally it shouldn't ask for a login?
@rph-r

Here's some tests I've done with a moOde 8.2.2 player and my Linux Mint 20.3 laptop.

1) moOde - SMB File sharing service -> OFF. Remove USB thumbdrive. Reboot.

LM file manager: Browse Network: shows a collection of folder icons including for my moOde player. Double-click on it. An empty window opens. Close it and the file manager.

2) moOde - SMB File sharing service -> ON. Reboot.

LM file manager: Browse Network: shows the same collection of icons. Double-click on the one for my moOde player. A window opens (header: "Windows shares on <hostname>") with three folder icons---NAS, Playlists, SDCARD---displayed. Double-clicking on any one of them opens the "Password Required" popup. As I said previously, I can connect either as Anonymous or as the moOde user pi. Then the chosen share is mounted and opened in a window in the file manager.

3) moOde - plug in the USB thumbdrive and wait for its activity light to stop blinking (essentially, indicating it's been mounted)

LM file manager: Browse network: shows a collection of icons. Double-click on the one for my moOde player. A window opens and this time displays four folders---NAS, Playlists, SDCARD, and RALLY8GB (which is the drive name of my USB drive). Double-clicking on the USB drive share proceeds as in 2).

At this point, I can't say what's different on your system.

Regards,
Kent
(10-31-2022, 08:31 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @rph-r

Here's some tests I've done with a moOde 8.2.2 player and my Linux Mint 20.3 laptop.

1) moOde - SMB File sharing service -> OFF. Remove USB thumbdrive. Reboot.

LM file manager: Browse Network: shows a collection of folder icons including for my moOde player. Double-click on it. An empty window opens.

Thank you Kent:
at this point it fails with something like:

Code:
Unable to get server sharing list: access denied
in french:
L'obtention de la liste des partages du serveur a échoué: connexion refusée
if it helps:

Code:
~$ smbclient -L 192.168.1.102
do_connect: Connection to 192.168.1.102 failed (Error NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_REFUSED)
(10-31-2022, 09:36 PM)rph-r Wrote: if it helps:

Code:
do_connect: Connection to 192.168.1.102 failed (Error NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_REFUSED)

Wait. What host was this command run on and what host has IP address 192.168.1.102?

For the test setup I described above, here's what I get on my LM host querying my moOde player by its IP address o my LAN

Code:
xxxx@T520:~$ smbclient -L 10.0.0.153
Enter WORKGROUP\xxxx's password:

Sharename       Type      Comment
    ---------       ----      -------
    NAS             Disk      NAS Shares
    Playlists       Disk      Playlist Directory
    SDCard          Disk      SDCARD Storage
    RALLY8GB        Disk      USB Storage
    IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (Moode SMB Server)
SMB1 disabled -- no workgroup available

Same applies if I query the moOde player by reachable name on my LAN (in this case, m82cm4.local) as it should.

However, if I try the reverse and query my laptop (which isn't running an SMB service)

Code:
pi@m82p3a:~ $ smbclient -L 10.0.0.193
do_connect: Connection to 10.0.0.193 failed (Error NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_REFUSED)

Quoting from the first Google hit I got on "Error NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_REFUSED"

Quote:Error NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_REFUSED

The smbclient try to connect remote windows share service which runs over SMB ports. If these ports are not accessable because of different reasons we may get an error like “Error NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_REFUSED“. The “Error NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_REFUSED” error is related with network and firewall. The service may not not running or firewall blocks access to this services or there is a network problem.

Regards,
Kent
Interesting that a few other people have noticed this problem I mentioned here a good while ago:
https://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread....7#pid40947
It's the reason I've stuck to 7.6.1 on my main system.

I also have a Pi Zero W on the latest moOde and the problem recently got worse: previously on v8 I was at least able to use samba to access the sd card from Ubuntu and it was just via an Android app where accessing moOde ceased to work, but since upgrading to 8.2.2 I cannot access it from Ubuntu either. Very odd.
(11-01-2022, 01:05 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 09:36 PM)rph-r Wrote: if it helps:

Code:

Wait. What host was this command run on and what host has IP address 192.168.1.102?
.102 is Moode, I run the command from Mint.
Firewall on Mint is disabled. On RPi no idea...
@rph-r

OK, I finally managed to repro your predicament, but only by

1) initially setting up the moOde 8.2.2 player with SMB file sharing ON (enabled). As I reported before, my Linux Mint laptop has no problem accessing the player's SMB shares, including using the smbclient as I showed.

2) switching the SMB file sharing OFF (disabling it). At this point, if I try to use smbclient, I get the Error NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_REFUSED. This is expected.

3) switching the SMB file sharing back ON. At this point, trying to use smbclient still results in Error NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_REFUSED. This is *not* expected.

I don't know yet what's happening here but I can recover the situation in 1) by rebooting the moOde player. I'll start tracing the relevant php code later.

Regards,
Kent