Moode Forum
Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: moOde audio player (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Support (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread (/showthread.php?tid=3290)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - happymax - 01-05-2021

First of all what a great version ! The sound is full-bodied, round and much more detailed than previous versions.
Good job and thank you very much for your effort.

From this version in my old Ipad 4 (IOS 10.3.4) the author column and the album column are empty in the "libray tag" view; if I switch to "library album" view, all works well and also in all other functions and views.
This problem appears only on the Ipad with any browser (firefox, chrome or edge that is the only browser that is updated on this IOS version).

If I use other devices such as android phones (also very old) or pc with windows (7 or 10) all works well.

The ipad is a very old model but I had problems only with this version of moOde.

Is there a way to solve this problem?

Thank you very much

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - rylfas - 01-06-2021

Strange auto-shuffle behaviour?

Tested on Raspberry Pi Zero and PI 4B. Both with 30K tracks and with around 100 tracks.

Situation 1
Audio settings:
Autoplay after start: On
Auto-shuffle: On
Mode: Track
Press Consume and Shuffle symbol and everything works fine until a restart. The 2 already queued songs are ignored and 2 fresh songs appear in the play list and are played.

Situation 2
Audio settings:
Mode: Album
Press Consume and Shuffle symbol and everything works fine until a restart. The last album queued is completely ignored and a fresh album starts playing. The album that played before the restart remains in the playlist.

The second issue with Album auto shuffle occurs when an update library command has been executed. After finishing this command and after reaching the last song of the album played. Auto-shuffle returns to playing random tracks instead of albums.

Any thoughs?

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - pastaman - 01-06-2021

(01-04-2021, 04:25 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Here is the ( i ) help for that setting.

Native DSD: If the audio device reports that it supports Native DSD then MPD will send the unaltered DSD bitstream to the device otherwise MPD will perform DSD to PCM on-the-fly conversion.
DSD over PCM (DoP): There is no way to detect if an audio device supports DoP so only enable this if you are certain that the device support it otherwise the encapsulated DSD bitstream may cause loud or unpredictable distortion.

Quick test using Allo Revolution DAC

MPD set to Native DSD. The DAC's OLED display shows 2.82M DSD64.

MPD set to DoP. The DAC's OLED display shows 2.82M DoP DSD64.

If your audio device supports native DSD bitstream over the particular interface you are using to connect to it and you are seeing DSD-to-PCM conversion by MPD when its set to Native DSD then MPD/ALSA was not able to detect native DSD supported by the audio device.
Hi Tim,
Just checked the settings again and when playing using the Nativa DSD this is what I get:

With the MPD set as Native DSD it recognise that the file was encoded as DSD64, 1 bit, 2,822 MHz Stereo, 
but is decoded as PCM (see thumbs attached). 
If I choose DoP, then moOde decodes the file accordingly.

I also double checked with Audiophonics and the audio device supports up to DSD 128 (it uses the SABRE ES9.38 PRO ESS chipset)

With version 6.71 everything worked fine and moOde played the DSD files perfectly.

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - Tim Curtis - 01-06-2021

(01-06-2021, 07:45 AM)rylfas Wrote: Strange auto-shuffle behaviour?

Tested on Raspberry Pi Zero and PI 4B. Both with 30K tracks and with around 100 tracks.

Situation 1
Audio settings:
Press Consume and Shuffle symbol and everything works fine until a restart. The 2 already queued songs are ignored and 2 fresh songs appear in the play list and are played.

Situation 2
Audio settings:
Press Consume and Shuffle symbol and everything works fine until a restart. The last album queued is completely ignored and a fresh album starts playing. The album that played before the restart remains in the playlist.

The second issue with Album auto shuffle occurs when an update library command has been executed. After finishing this command and after reaching the last song of the album played. Auto-shuffle returns to playing random tracks instead of albums.

Any thoughs?

When you turn auto-shuffle on it automatically turns on consume mode. If you have to manually turn on consume mode then something is broken in your image.

Auto-shuffle doesn't maintain a list of what it last added to the Queue and so after a reboot it just starts fresh.

I can repro the issue where auto-shuffle seems to switch to track mode if lib update is run while it running in album mode. I can add to the TODO list to investigate.

(01-06-2021, 09:25 AM)pastaman Wrote:
(01-04-2021, 04:25 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Here is the ( i ) help for that setting.

Native DSD: If the audio device reports that it supports Native DSD then MPD will send the unaltered DSD bitstream to the device otherwise MPD will perform DSD to PCM on-the-fly conversion.
DSD over PCM (DoP): There is no way to detect if an audio device supports DoP so only enable this if you are certain that the device support it otherwise the encapsulated DSD bitstream may cause loud or unpredictable distortion.

Quick test using Allo Revolution DAC

MPD set to Native DSD. The DAC's OLED display shows 2.82M DSD64.

MPD set to DoP. The DAC's OLED display shows 2.82M DoP DSD64.

If your audio device supports native DSD bitstream over the particular interface you are using to connect to it and you are seeing DSD-to-PCM conversion by MPD when its set to Native DSD then MPD/ALSA was not able to detect native DSD supported by the audio device.
Hi Tim,
Just checked the settings again and when playing using the Nativa DSD this is what I get:

With the MPD set as Native DSD it recognise that the file was encoded as DSD64, 1 bit, 2,822 MHz Stereo, 
but is decoded as PCM (see thumbs attached). 
If I choose DoP, then moOde decodes the file accordingly.

I also double checked with Audiophonics and the audio device supports up to DSD 128 (it uses the SABRE ES9.38 PRO ESS chipset)

With version 6.71 everything worked fine and moOde played the DSD files perfectly.

Detection of native DSD capability is done automatically by MPD/ALSA and thus there is nothing in moOde code that can be done to change this. I'm not seeing any issues on my end with native DSD and Allo Rev DAC and its not obvious to me whats going on with your particular audio device.

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - Britracer - 01-06-2021

(01-05-2021, 10:12 AM)CallMeMike Wrote:
(01-05-2021, 04:56 AM)Britracer Wrote: Tim, thanks to everyone for their work on v7.  I loaded it onto a 2B with no DAC just to play with the config.  I have had it running over the weekend and it plays fine for a while but then the player stops and locks up - loses connection to the network and never reestablishes.  The wireless dongle activity LED goes out.  Red and green LEDs on the board are permanently lit.   I have 2 other MoOde players 6.71 on the same network and they have no problems.
I can provided logs if that helps - let me know what you need.

I want to update my 2 systems, but am nervous until Understand this behaviour.

Thanks

Can you run a simple test, please...? Remove the WiFi dongle, have the RPi2 connected to the Router by an Ethernet cable, re-configure the RPI (no config mods) and test...

Set it up last night, will monitor to see how it performs and let you know.

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - rylfas - 01-06-2021

(01-06-2021, 02:51 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:

Situation 1
Audio settings:

Situation 2
Audio settings:

Any thoughs?

When you turn auto-shuffle on it automatically turns on consume mode. If you have to manually turn on consume mode then something is broken in your image.

Auto-shuffle doesn't maintain a list of what it last added to the Queue and so after a reboot it just starts fresh.

I can repro the issue where auto-shuffle seems to switch to track mode if lib update is run while it running in album mode. I can add to the TODO list to investigate.

Hello Tim,

You are right I don't have to switch on the Consume button when using auto-shuffle. But the situation still occurs on both systems and with different number of tracks.

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - TheOldPresbyope - 01-06-2021

@pastaman 

Here's what I see in the Audio Information popup on a moOde 7.0.1 player with a Khadas Tone Board attached (PCM/DSD compatible; USB interface)

Code:
Audio Device
Device Khadas Tone Control
Mixer name Khadas Tone Control
Interface USB
Formats S16_LE, S32_LE, SPECIAL, DSD_U32_BE
Platform Pi-4B 2GB v1.1

The information in the Formats line is provided to moOde by the DAC. I have no trouble playing natiive DSD with this DAC (but all I have is a few test tracks. Spent too much over 30 years buying  CDs and my ears are way too old to notice any life-changing qualities of DSD.)

You didn't include the whole Audio Device stanza in your screen captures. Do you see "DSD..." listed among the Formats with your DAC connected?

Regards,
Kent

(01-06-2021, 02:51 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:

Situation 1
Audio settings:

Situation 2
Audio settings:

Any thoughs?

I did a quick scan of the source code and nothing in the update_library job changes auto-shuffle settings. That would suggest that auto-shuffle itself is being affected by a running database update. It does monitor MPD state and so possibly this is causing it to change its own state?

Your best bet would be to post an issue in the ashuffle repo.
https://github.com/joshkunz/ashuffle/issues

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - TookaFace - 01-06-2021

Yes, it also happen if you use only mpc update instead of library update.

sudo ashuffle --queue-buffer 1 --group-by album:
Code:
Picking from 169 groups (2716 songs).

Then if you run mpc update ashuffle revert by itself to track mode:
Code:
Picking random songs out of a pool of 2715.