Moode Forum
Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - Printable Version

+- Moode Forum (https://moodeaudio.org/forum)
+-- Forum: moOde audio player (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Support (https://moodeaudio.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread (/showthread.php?tid=3290)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - oculto - 12-27-2020

It was fine until i swap from wire to wireless. Update/create library over wifi make the rpi unresponsive. I dont know/remember if i did any other change before swap to wifi, but i did as I always do, no problems with 6.7.1 but a unresponsive gui with 7.0.1

I will try again tomorrow

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - fdealexa - 12-27-2020

(12-25-2020, 05:14 PM)fdealexa Wrote: Hello everybody,
first of all thanks for the wonderfull new version: it is very nice.
I have imported the old user radios (thanks to Kent for the "loadmyradios7") but, unfortunatelly, thanks to new default radios and the new bigger record layout, the exported file (stations.zip) become larger than 90MB.
Would you please so kind to help me to modify the parameters and the import function to solve my problem?
Thanks in advance and best regards,
Francesco

Hi everyone,
sorry for the inconvenience again but, in addition to the above questions, I also noticed that I am no longer able to use the folders in the RADIO folder, probably I'm in trouble but I don't know where.
Would you be kind enough to help me with these matters?
Best regards and thank you very much,
Francesco

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - TheOldPresbyope - 12-27-2020

@oculto

It's impossible to know what state your player is in with only this description "fresh install 7.0.1 and setup as I aways do".

I suggest you begin with a fresh install of 7.0.1 and make only the setup changes needed to communicate with your player---no added sources, no fanciness like a change to the experimental 64-bit kernel or changes to the audio config.

Do you experience the reported behavior in this configuration? If you do, then at a minimum we need to see the sys info log.

Only if all is well at this point should you proceed to make changes and add sources, always taking just one step at a time to see what may be triggering your issue.

FYI, I've now installed 7.0.1 on an RPi Zero-W, on several RPi3B+s, and on several RPi4Bs as part of my testing of various hardware. All players have performed well. All are connected via WiFi and all draw on an modestly sized (7000+ tracks) external NAS (OpenMediaVault) via the SMB protocol.

Regards,
Kent

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - Paccidat - 12-27-2020

librespot will not run when volume curve is set to linear. Also see 7.0.0. thread.

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - TheOldPresbyope - 12-27-2020

(12-27-2020, 10:08 PM)fdealexa Wrote:
I have imported the old user radios (thanks to Kent for the "loadmyradios7") but, unfortunatelly, thanks to new default radios and the new bigger record layout, the exported file (stations.zip) become larger than 90MB.
Would you please so kind to help me to modify the parameters and the import function to solve my problem?
Francesco

Hi everyone,
sorry for the inconvenience again but, in addition to the above questions, I also noticed that I am no longer able to use the folders in the RADIO folder, probably I'm in trouble but I don't know where.
Francesco

Hi, Francesco.

So from your first round of questions, I infer that you have already saved your user-defined stations from a 6.7.1 player and loaded them into a 7.0.1 player using my Python scripts. Now you have used the built-in Radio Manager feature on the 7.0.1 player to export radio stations and have ended up with a file too big to import to another 7.0.1 player. (FYI, the built-in stations export to a 34MB zip file.)

ISTR we testers had a brief discussion about how big a zip file the Radio Manager should accept. I don't recall how 75MB became the limit. I suppose you could petition Tim to make it bigger but it feels like we're chasing a moving target. 

At some point, I'll get my Python scripts fixed up for saving and loading just the custom stations from the command line, which bypasses the nice ability of the Radio Manager to export to and import directly from another host. You could, of course, use my existing script to load your 6.7.1 file into each 7.0.1 player you have.

As for your second post, I have been paying attention to the station-handling code. I don't know if changes occurred which would prevent the use of radio sub-folders.

Regards,
Kent

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - Tim Curtis - 12-27-2020

(12-27-2020, 10:08 PM)fdealexa Wrote:
Francesco

Hi everyone,
Francesco

The Radio feature currently has a 75MB limit for the size of a stations.zip import. How many stations are you importing?

The new Radio feature is based solely on metadata. There is no support for Folders. You should be able to use the Genre field to group stations.

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - Tim Curtis - 12-27-2020

(12-27-2020, 10:43 PM)Paccidat Wrote: librespot will not run when volume curve is set to linear. Also see 7.0.0. thread.

I would recommend posting this issue to the librespot team.

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - fdealexa - 12-27-2020

@Tim Curtis
@TheOldPresbyope

Hi Tim, hi Kent,
Thanks for your answers. When we talked about size, we had fewer default stations, shorter records (12 fields instead of 15 fields) and we didn't have small "thumb files", so my file was about 72MB, now it's more than 90MB.
I remember that you posted a "closed issue" on GITHUB with instructions to increase the parameters, but I could not find it, could you help me about it?

In relation to the folder, I have over 500 stations which are mainly "eclectic", so the "Genre Field" is difficult to use. A question? Is "Genre" a free field and so can I use it for other purposes (eg DAB +, DVB-T, FM, Autore1, Autore2, Best, Etc. instead of Jazz, Rock, Pop, Etc.)?

Thanks again and best regards,

Francesco
P.S.: sorry for my English

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - Tim Curtis - 12-28-2020

Yes, you can put anything in the Genre field.

To modify the size limit your would need to edit function importStationPkg() in playerlib.js and then use Gulp to compile and bundle it into the .min file thats used in the image.

RE: Official moOde 7.0.1 support thread - hifiapo - 12-28-2020

(12-27-2020, 09:46 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @hifiapo

Hi, Arne.

I've built an armv6 version of the squeezelite renderer which should work on both RPi Zero-Ws (armv6 cpu) and RPi 2-4's. However, I've tested it only on an RPi Zero-W and an RPi4B each running moOde 7.0.1. For this testing, I used a Logitech Media Server v7.9.4 running on a Linux Mint host.

Here's what you'll have to do from the command line of your moOde player
Hi Kent,

Thanks a lot. I'll try tonight (German time).

Arne