Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

moode running from nvme
Hello!

Does anyone running a moode installation booting from nvme?

I copied mine with rpi-clone from sdcard to a nvme. 

The debian os boots fine and moode also but every time I start the pi5 new, the previously selected audio device is not choosen, it wants to play through hdmi.

- USB-DAC is ESI Dr. DAC nano acting as SPIDIF source for another DAC
- RPI5 with moode 9.0.8 installed on 250GB nvme with pi-hat

Today I copied back to SD card, and the issue never occurred.

I think it could be something with the speedup in booting form nvme, so the usb-audio device is prolly detected to late. Where can I set some "slowing down" wait seconds ;-)

What I not forget to say: The great work of the moode team is fantastic Big Grin
Thats interesting. It could be that moode startup which includes audio detection and configuration completes too fast when booting from NVMe. IME its best to keep the boot media separate from the data drive as is typical for servers. This avoids having to reload all the data if you ever want or need to start with a fresh image.

Use top quality surveillance-grade uSD cards for example WD Purple QD101
https://www.westerndigital.com/products/...DD032G1P0C
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088CD...=UTF8&th=1

To test your "slow down" theory edit the file
/var/www/daemon/worker.php

Add the sleep(30) line just below the startup sequence comment header, save the file and then reboot.
Code:
//----------------------------------------------------------------------------//
// STARTUP SEQUENCE
//----------------------------------------------------------------------------//
sleep(30);

sysCmd('truncate ' . MOODE_LOG . ' --size 0');
$dbh = sqlConnect();
$result = sqlQuery("UPDATE cfg_system SET value='0' WHERE param='wrkready'", $dbh);
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Tim, many thanks for the answer, I will try it and report the change in behavior.

Yes you are not wrong when keeping boot media and data separated but I use that installation also for paperless-ngx under docker so the documents processed on the sdcard does not sounding good for me and the life of the used card.

I will report!