Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

No stats at bottom corner on desktop browser (firefox, Linux)
Hi,

using Release: 8.3.5 2023-08-19 and noticed when using Firefox on my Linux desktop in Tag view that the album count, track count and playtime don't show up any more at the bottom of the page, but they do when using my Android smart phone with Firefox. Any suggestions please.

Thanks for all you do, luving Moode so much, appreciate your hard work and support.

regards
Stuart

Edit: Appears in Chromium on desktop Linux too but not full screen

Edit 2: Its actually there in Firefox Linux, but not visible in full screen, I have to shrink the window a lot to see the stats because the Music Collection image is big at full screen and knocks the stats down below the screen. (1920 x 1080)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Run the command below then refresh the Browser. A notification popup will appear showing the viewport size and pixel ratio. Post the viewport size when the issue occurs and I'll try and repro on my end.

Make sure there is no Browser Zoom, i.e., it's sent to 100%.

Code:
# Turn viewport notification ON
moodeutl -q "update cfg_system set value='viewport' where param='pkgid_suffix'"

# Turn viewport notification OFF
moodeutl -q "update cfg_system set value='' where param='pkgid_suffix'"
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Hi Tim, hope you are happy and well...

Viewport size is 1920 x 869, P/R=1

Thanks Smile
(08-23-2023, 03:01 PM)scotsmist Wrote: Hi Tim, hope you are happy and well...

Thanks Smile

That's very weird... I had expected either 1920 x 870, or 1919 x 869...
(08-23-2023, 03:01 PM)scotsmist Wrote: Hi Tim, hope you are happy and well...

Thanks Smile

I'm able to repro at that viewport size but it's a very odd size. 
What make/model computer are u using?
Enjoy the Music!
(08-23-2023, 04:02 AM)scotsmist Wrote: Hi,

using Release: 8.3.5 2023-08-19 and noticed when using Firefox on my Linux desktop in Tag view that the album count, track count and playtime don't show up any more at the bottom of the page, but they do when using my Android smart phone with Firefox. Any suggestions please.

Thanks for all you do, luving Moode so much, appreciate your hard work and support.

regards
Stuart

Edit 2: Its actually there in Firefox Linux, but not visible in full screen, I have to shrink the window a lot to see the stats because the Music Collection image is big at full screen and knocks the stats down below the screen.  (1920 x 1080)

When you say "full screen", do you mean literally that you used the F11 key to go to the browser full-screen mode or do you mean only that the browser window has been maximized in the desktop environment?

Example: I run Linux MInt with the MATE Desktop Environment on an aging (can't give up that great keyboard!) ThinkPad laptop which has an oddball screen aspect ratio as laptops tend to have.

By default, when I bring up Firefox or Chromium and maximize the browser window I see from top to bottom on the screen the browser title bar, tab bar, search bar, and output viewport. MATE itself takes up some space at the bottom of the screen with a bar containing various tabs and icons.

In this case, moOde reports a 1366x601 viewport and I see the same kind of truncated TAG view you report.

If I then use the F11 key the browser viewport which is active expands to fill the laptop screen (e.g., all the extraneous browser and MATE bars disappear). In this case, moOde reports a 1366x768 viewport and the expected library stats appear in the display.

ISTR getting different numbers but similar behavior with a desktop I used to use. Candidly, I don't hold much hope of finding a one-size-fits-all solution (pun intended).

Regards,
Kent
(08-23-2023, 06:34 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(08-23-2023, 04:02 AM)scotsmist Wrote: Hi,

regards
Stuart

Edit 2: Its actually there in Firefox Linux, but not visible in full screen, I have to shrink the window a lot to see the stats because the Music Collection image is big at full screen and knocks the stats down below the screen.  (1920 x 1080)

When you say "full screen", do you mean literally that you used the F11 key to go to the browser full-screen mode or do you mean only that the browser window has been maximized in the desktop environment?

Example: I run Linux MInt with the MATE Desktop Environment on an aging (can't give up that great keyboard!) ThinkPad laptop which has an oddball screen aspect ratio as laptops tend to have.

By default, when I bring up Firefox or Chromium and maximize the browser window I see from top to bottom on the screen the browser title bar, tab bar, search bar, and output viewport. MATE itself takes up some space at the bottom of the screen with a bar containing various tabs and icons.

In this case, moOde reports a 1366x601 viewport and I see the same kind of truncated TAG view you report.

If I then use the F11 key the browser viewport which is active expands to fill the laptop screen (e.g., all the extraneous browser and MATE bars disappear). In this case, moOde reports a 1366x768 viewport and the expected library stats appear in the display.

ISTR getting different numbers but similar behavior with a desktop I used to use. Candidly, I don't hold much hope of finding a one-size-fits-all solution (pun intended).

Regards,
Kent

What make/model is the Thinkpad?
Enjoy the Music!
Lenovo ThinkPad T520. The official screen resolution is 1366x768. Manufactured ca 2011/2012.

(I had a much-loved genuine IBM ThinkPad earlier but it died a horrible death in what I prefer to think of as a misguided attempt to measure the acceleration due to gravity in my office).

Regards,
Kent
I was just maximizing the window and not using F11, so thanks for that information and the replies everyone.

Tim, I'm on Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon on a PC I built early last year (AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor × 6; MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX M/B; ASUS GeForce GT 1030; older Acer 27" LCD using HDMI port)

Kent, I too used Mint Mate for years on my laptops and previous desktop (old Dell's from 1998/9 with upgraded SSD drives, PC was a home built Core 2 Quad setup). Funny old world. Never would have associated full screen without the Panels, just presumed maximizing the window would suffice. Forgetting more than I remember these days, old age, doesn't come on its own (58 this year, 28 as a software engineer, although I gave that up 10 years ago and am for the most part just a software user now).

Happy days, enjoy the rest of yours,

regards, Stuart.
(08-23-2023, 07:06 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Lenovo ThinkPad T520. The official screen resolution is 1366x768. Manufactured ca 2011/2012.

(I had a much-loved genuine IBM ThinkPad earlier but it died a horrible death in what I prefer to think of as a misguided attempt to measure the acceleration due to gravity in my office).

Regards,
Kent

Haha, I done in two old lappies, 1st by using too much screen cleaning foam, got carried away and the screen went every colour of the rainbow. 2nd one I bust the power socket, soldered it, lasted a bit, then it got sat on one night after a whisky (not quite the whole bottle), it was under my quilt hiding at the time. Dell Latitude something or other(s).