Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Clean moOde install stop responding during setup
Hello.

Had my moOde online and working since v7.x, was easy to setup and convenient use. For some time had RPi4 disconnected, today got it online, decided to update, update failed, visited moOde's website, realised there is separate 64-bit version, downloaded and installed it via Pi Imager.
First time I decided to restore settings from 8.2.2 - restore failed due to web-interface unresponsiveness. OK, forget the backup, go fresh.
Somewhere between options in "System" page interface hangs up: browser shows something happening ("Refresh" button turns to 'X" stop button)and it keep going and going endlessly. Interface works, but doesn't do anything: when I'm trying to restart moOde - it shows "Restarting" and nothing happens. I power-cycle RPI4 - I got the same picture: interface works, but I can't get to the configuration: I click buttons, but nothing happens. I reinstall moOde image - it works again, I'm trying to setup new installation (basic setup, timezone and device name) - player stops responding until clean reinstallation.

I never had anything like this before, it saddens me that moOde is not as predictable as it was, but, still, how do Iget it working?
Thank you in advance.
(08-27-2023, 11:13 AM)YujiTFD Wrote: Hello.

Had my moOde online and working since v7.x, was easy to setup and convenient use. For some time had RPi4 disconnected, today got it online, decided to update, update failed, visited moOde's website, realised there is separate 64-bit version, downloaded and installed it via Pi Imager.
First time I decided to restore settings from 8.2.2 - restore failed due to web-interface unresponsiveness. OK, forget the backup, go fresh.
Somewhere between options in "System" page interface hangs up: browser shows something happening ("Refresh" button turns to 'X" stop button)and it keep going and going endlessly. Interface works, but doesn't do anything: when I'm trying to restart moOde - it shows "Restarting" and nothing happens. I power-cycle RPI4 - I got the same picture: interface works, but I can't get to the configuration: I click buttons, but nothing happens. I reinstall moOde image - it works again, I'm trying to setup new installation (basic setup, timezone and device name) - player stops responding until clean reinstallation.

I never had anything like this before, it saddens me that moOde is not as predictable as it was, but, still, how do Iget it working?
Thank you in advance.

You flashed the newest version, without reading the installation notes, did you?
You need to specify a username and a password BEFORE you flash the image. You can also directly specify an SSID + password for your wi-fi if you like, but this is not mandatory.
(08-27-2023, 11:19 AM)Nutul Wrote: You flashed the newest version, without reading the installation notes, did you?
You need to specify a username and a password BEFORE you flash the image. You can also directly specify an SSID + password for your wi-fi if you like, but this is not mandatory.
Yes, you are right. Again with tons of text for a simple installation, I really don't get the unnecessary complications, but oh, well.
Thank you, will do like you said.
(08-27-2023, 11:29 AM)YujiTFD Wrote:
(08-27-2023, 11:19 AM)Nutul Wrote: You flashed the newest version, without reading the installation notes, did you?
Yes, you are right. Again with tons of text for a simple installation, I really don't get the unnecessary complications, but oh, well.

They are not unnecessary complications. They are the installation guidelines.
(08-27-2023, 11:33 AM)Nutul Wrote: They are not unnecessary complications. They are the installation guidelines.
Last time I installed moOde with balenaEtcher with no additional options, when "pi/moodeaudio" was default SSH credentials, what makes current situation with mandatory manual credential setup before image installation look like unnecessary complications.
(08-27-2023, 11:29 AM)YujiTFD Wrote:

Having embedded user id's and passwords in an OS is a really bad practice and needs no explanation, so like RaspiOS itself we got rid of them.

Be thankful for the improved security in your moOde installation :-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub