Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Upcoming moOde 9.0.0 (Bookworm)
Information 
Hi,

This is a status thread for upcoming moOde 9.0.0 (Bookworm) release (Q2 2024)

- Releases for moOde 9 series will be 64-bit only
- New image only, there is no in-place update from 8 to 9
- There may be a public beta at some point to help with QA testing

Some initial Pi-5 observations are that performance is super fast including boot time, localUI startup, WebUI  and so on. Below are some screen shots showing Pi-5 HDMI out playing 6-channel FLAC to an AVR connected to a Samsung 7 series TV displaying the LocalUI (no screen shot).

Here's some perf numbers with the animated now-playing EQ icon. With just the static now-playing icon load is 1%.
Code:
pi@moode-test1:~ $ moodeutl -m
CPU: 1.7 GHz | Load: 12% / 50C | Memory: 10% used | Disk: 13% used / 24G free | PHP: 11 workers

WIP release notes
Code:
################################################################################
#
# 2024-MM-DD moOde 9.0.0 (Bookworm)
#
################################################################################

New features

- NEW: Support for IEC958 audio format including multichannel

Updates

- UPD: Improve (i) help for some items
- UPD: CamillaDSP V2 sample configs and coeffs
- UPD: HDMI On/Off option removed (not valid on Bookworm)

Bug fixes

- FIX: MusicBrainz date format (with hyphens) not being parsed
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
looking forward to this!
(03-09-2024, 05:29 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Here's some perf numbers with the animated now-playing EQ icon. With just the static now-playing icon load is 1%.
Code:
CPU: 1.7 GHz | Load: 12% / 50C | Memory: 10% used | Disk: 13% used / 24G free | PHP: 11 workers

Interesting, animation is a bear on the client side but shouldn’t affect the pi end much. Oh the hours spent trying to optimize things so moode ui didn’t spin up the fans in my macbook though that was mainly the time progress bar.  

Once the official power supplies stop being unobtanium I’ll pick up a pi5 and try setting up a moode install again.
(03-09-2024, 10:02 PM)swizzle Wrote:
(03-09-2024, 05:29 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Here's some perf numbers with the animated now-playing EQ icon. With just the static now-playing icon load is 1%.
Code:

Interesting, animation is a bear on the client side but shouldn’t affect the pi end much. Oh the hours spent trying to optimize things so moode ui didn’t spin up the fans in my macbook though that was mainly the time progress bar.  

Once the official power supplies stop being unobtanium I’ll pick up a pi5 and try setting up a moode install again.

Hello there :-)

Its an SVG animation that seems to cause chromium-browser to use some extra CPU cycles.
Enjoy the Music!
(03-09-2024, 05:29 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: - NEW: Support for IEC958 audio format including multichannel (Pi-5 HDMI only)

That's nice. Is there a problem to make it work on RPi-4 and others? IEC958 output should be available with kms driver.
(03-10-2024, 01:16 PM)popej Wrote:
(03-09-2024, 05:29 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: - NEW: Support for IEC958 audio format including multichannel (Pi-5 HDMI only)

That's nice. Is there a problem to make it work on RPi-4 and others? IEC958 output should be available with kms driver.

That should not be a problem. I did a quick test on a Pi4 with KMS driver and IEC958 works perfectly.
I'll update post #1
Enjoy the Music!
Great news Tim!

I'll be standing by for the public beta.
"I did a quick test on a Pi4 with KMS driver and IEC958 works perfectly."

Wow ! IEC958 over HDMI on a Pi4 ??
I just saw a message in AA mentioning the release of a new Kernal -- 6.6. Do you expect this to be standard in MoOde 9.0 (or is it already in the dev version)?

Thanks, Skip
lol, we haven't built a 9 test image yet but we always use the official released kernel package from Raspberry Pi so for sure it will be 6.6 or higher in our upcoming 9.0.0 release.
Enjoy the Music!