Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Upcoming moOde 9.0.0 (Bookworm)
(03-29-2024, 04:40 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: @nullstring there's a reasonably stable ~pre2 package in the repo if you want to try it out.

Code:
1. Boot a Bookworm Lite image
2. sudo apt update && apt list --upgradable
3. sudo apt -y upgrade
4. sudo reboot

5 Install links to Cloudsmith repo
curl -1sLf \
'https://dl.cloudsmith.io/public/moodeaudio/m8y/setup.deb.sh' \
| sudo -E distro=raspbian codename=bookworm bash

6. sudo apt -y install moode-player=9.0.0-1moode1~pre2
7. sudo reboot

After installing the package and rebooting, the system will auto-reboot again after importing the managed config.txt file.

Hello Tim! I finally got a chance to look at this, but it appears that the moode-player=9.0.0-1moode1~pre2 package was removed from the deb repo.

Let me know when I can look at this again.

Sincerely,
nullstring
A ~pre3 package is in the works pending completion of updates to the Backup/Restore and Auto-configure routines. It's quite a bit of work so prolly in the next few days.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-08-2024, 09:14 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: A ~pre3 package is in the works pending completion of updates to the Backup/Restore and Auto-configure routines. It's quite a bit of work so prolly in the next few days.

Perfect. Thank you!
(04-08-2024, 09:14 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: A ~pre3 package is in the works pending completion of updates to the Backup/Restore and Auto-configure routines. It's quite a bit of work so prolly in the next few days.

Very fine. I'll give a try.
Perhaps it takes too long to start Moode because it has to update library.

Thanks a lot
(04-09-2024, 07:18 AM)ptrkollias Wrote: Perhaps it takes too long to start Moode because it has to update library.
AFAIK moOde doesn't do a library update at every startup...
I'd also like to try the pre3 package on my new Pi5, although I'm not sure to be able to do it... Anyway, one question, would it only be possible with a monitor connected to the Pi's hdmi output? Or is it possible to edit the code on the SD card on a Windows PC?
(04-09-2024, 03:49 PM)Nutul Wrote:
(04-09-2024, 07:18 AM)ptrkollias Wrote: Perhaps it takes too long to start Moode because it has to update library.
AFAIK moOde doesn't do a library update at every startup...

Library update is strictly on-demand by explicitly doing "Update library" from the menu or by Regenerating the library from Library Config. It's never done automatically at startup.

Have a look at the startup daemon /var/www/daemon/worker.php
Enjoy the Music!
(04-09-2024, 03:55 PM)fralippo Wrote: I'd also like to try the pre3 package on my new Pi5, although I'm not sure to be able to do it... Anyway, one question, would it only be possible with a monitor connected to the Pi's hdmi output? Or is it possible to edit the code on the SD card on a Windows PC?

For ~pre3 I might create a test image but if not then you would need to follow the instructions posted earlier in this Thread. You need to be able to SSH into a freshly booted Bookworm Lite.
Enjoy the Music!
Hi,

A ~pre3 image and moode-player installable package are available for testing. The pre images are hosted at moodeaudio.org (not GitHub) and download times may be long due to limited bandwidth for my hosting plan.

The goal for ~pre3 was stability and function, especially for audio configuration (ALSA dynamic card assignment) and backup/restore (refactor, add missing settings), and also to provide a working alsa_cdsp / CamillaDSP on Pi-5.

Audio configuration

The main change in Bookworm is that ALSA now assigns I2S audio devices an available card instead of always card 0 and then no other cards are visible. This means that after configuring an I2S audio device (and restarting) it just appears as another device in the Output device dropdown list along with HDMI/Headphone/USB devices and can be selected and set w/o restart.

There is also a new Output device cache that retains MPD volume type, ALSA output mode and max volume for a given device. These values will be used the next time the device is selected and set thus making things easier.

Backup/restore

The Config and Press settings have been updated to include all reported missing settings. There is also a new landing page that is displayed after a restore completes. Note that moode 8 series backups cannot be used to restore to moode 9 due to the differences in audio and networking between Bullseye and Bookworm. 

CamillaDSP

A test compile of the original alsa_cdsp output plugin (format switcher) is included to enable CamillaDSP to function on Pi-5 although there may be issues. Note it does not work on < Pi-5. This is being investigated but there is no timing yet for a resolution.

Image download
http://moodeaudio.org/test/image_2024-04...4-lite.zip

Installing ~pre3 on fresh Bookworm Lite

Code:
#///////////////////////////////////////////////////
#
# Install moode-player on Bookworm Lite
#
#///////////////////////////////////////////////////

1. Boot a Bookworm Lite image
sudo apt update && apt list --upgradable
sudo apt -y upgrade
sudo reboot

2. Install links to moode Cloudsmith repo
curl -1sLf \
'https://dl.cloudsmith.io/public/moodeaudio/m8y/setup.deb.sh' \
| sudo -E distro=raspbian codename=bookworm bash

3. Install moode-player package
sudo apt -y install moode-player=9.0.0-1moode1~pre3
sudo reboot

WIP release notes

Code:
################################################################################
#
# 2024-MM-DD moOde 9.0.0 (Bookworm)
#
################################################################################

New features

- NEW: Switch audio output (HDMI, Headphone, I2S, USB) without reboot
- NEW: HDMI/IEC958 audio format including multichannel
- NEW: WiFi Hotspot (2.4 GHz WiFi bridged to Ethernet if present)
- NEW: Option to reduce Pi-5 shutdown wattage to .01W
- NEW: Option to enable 4K 60Hz for Pi-4 local display

Updates

- UPD: Improve multiroom command response
- UPD: Improve SMB protocol detection
- UPD: Improve radio station edit/delete
- UPD: Improve setup guides and quick help
- UPD: Add "Show items" option to One-touch playlist
- UPD: Add "Queue info" to ellipsis menu (stats + saved playlist name)
- UPD: Add Spotify and Amazon Music to Prefs Search sites
- UPD: Add window-size (randomness) option for auto-shuffle
- UPD: Add restart_renderer REST command
- UPD: Remove HDMI On/Off option (not valid on Bookworm)
- UPD: Remove redundant or obsolete devices from audio device table
- UPD: Allow any netmask to be entered for static IP address
- UPD: Prevent comma when entering a new station name

Bug fixes

- FIX: MusicBrainz date format (with hyphens) not being parsed
- FIX: RoonBridge restart and disconnect not working correctly

Radio stations

- UPD: ArtSound FM 92.7
- UPD: JB Radio2 (320K)
- UPD: Kanal K
- UPD: Venice Classic Radio Italia
- UPD: WCRB Boston 99.5 - Classical
- DEL: Audiophile Baroque
- DEL: Audiophile Classical
- DEL: Audiophile Jazz
- DEL: Audiophile Lounge
- DEL: Audiophile Rock-Blues
- DEL: FluxFM - Hot R&B
- DEL: FluxFM - Pop Radio
- DEL: Soma FM - BAGeL Radio
- DEL: Swedish Classic Radio
- DEL: WRPI 91.5 FM Troy
- DEL: Eirewave
Enjoy the Music!
@Tim Curtis 

I can't imagine how many hours you've put into this (well,, actually, I sorta can). Three cheers and a tip of my hat to you!

Regards,
Kent