Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Upcoming moOde 9.0.0 (Bookworm)
Yes apart from the wifi, its connected to Ethernet.
All seems to work apart from that one page
After a few reboots it's loading up now ?

Well it was until I turned the wifi off now it won't load
(04-11-2024, 08:51 PM)Topman44 Wrote: After a few reboots it's loading up now ?

I've never experienced that but a first boot of either the image or after the moode-player package install on Bookworm Lite should result in two additional automatic reboots.

The first happens after the Pi-Imager created firstrun.sh boot script executes and the second happens after moode imports the Pi-Imager settings.

Its only after the final reboot does moode startup fully complete and the WebUI become fully functional.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
FWIW

The following boards boot and allow basic configuration of ~pre3 here;
  • Pi-Zero 2 W V1.0
  • Pi-3A+ V1.0
  • Pi-3B V1.3
  • Pi-3B+ V1.2
  • Pi-4B V1.1
  • Pi-5B V1.0
WiFi is working on all.

One curiosity. On the Pi-Zero 2 W, the ssh login banner declares "Model: Pi-Zero W" although moodeutl -l gets it right.

Regards,
Kent
(04-11-2024, 06:33 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(04-11-2024, 05:30 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
Code:
pi@m9pre3b:~ $ aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: W2 [Creative Bluetooth Audio W2], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
 Subdevices: 0/1
 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: vc4hdmi0 [vc4-hdmi-0], device 0: MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0 [MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0]
 Subdevices: 1/1
card 2: vc4hdmi1 [vc4-hdmi-1], device 0: MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0 [MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0]
card 3: Katana [Allo Katana], device 0: fe203000.i2s-allo-katana-codec allo-katana-codec-0 [fe203000.i2s-allo-katana-codec allo-katana-codec-0]

pi@m9pre3b:~ $ moodeutl -q "select * from cfg_outputdev"
1|Pi HDMI 1|software|iec958|100
2|Creative Bluetooth Audio W2|software|plughw|100
3|Allo Katana DAC|software|plughw|100

Regards,
Kent

The output is fine but there is this assumption in function getAlsaDeviceNames() which is causing the bogus name to appear.

Code:
// DEBUG: Assumes ALSA always assigns USB devices higher card numbers than the I2S device

I'll need to noodle on this for while.

Just pushed this commit which should fix the card naming issue
https://github.com/moode-player/moode/co...0369fbd05a

Ok,
Enjoy the Music!
That's well above my head, is there a way to enable wifi by SSH
(04-11-2024, 09:52 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(04-11-2024, 06:33 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(04-11-2024, 05:30 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
Code:
pi@m9pre3b:~ $ aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: W2 [Creative Bluetooth Audio W2], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
 Subdevices: 0/1
card 1: vc4hdmi0 [vc4-hdmi-0], device 0: MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0 [MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0]
card 2: vc4hdmi1 [vc4-hdmi-1], device 0: MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0 [MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0]
card 3: Katana [Allo Katana], device 0: fe203000.i2s-allo-katana-codec allo-katana-codec-0 [fe203000.i2s-allo-katana-codec allo-katana-codec-0]

pi@m9pre3b:~ $ moodeutl -q "select * from cfg_outputdev"
1|Pi HDMI 1|software|iec958|100
2|Creative Bluetooth Audio W2|software|plughw|100
3|Allo Katana DAC|software|plughw|100

Regards,
Kent

The output is fine but there is this assumption in function getAlsaDeviceNames() which is causing the bogus name to appear.

Code:
// DEBUG: Assumes ALSA always assigns USB devices higher card numbers than the I2S device

I'll need to noodle on this for while.

Just pushed this commit which should fix the card naming issue
https://github.com/moode-player/moode/co...0369fbd05a

Ok,

Good noodling. 

Fixed it on the player with both USB and I2S DACs connected. Didn't break the players with only a USB DAC or none  connected.. Smile 

Regards,
Kent
Ok, cool.

When convenient try the latest commit to worker.php to see if the software volume issue at startup with your USB/BT device is resolved.
Enjoy the Music!
(04-11-2024, 10:32 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Ok, cool.

When convenient try the latest commit to worker.php to see if the software volume issue at startup with your USB/BT device  is resolved.

Probably tomorrow.

As for multiple DACs, I couldn't resist hot-plugging my Khadas Tone 1 USB DAC into the same Pi-4B with the Creative Tech USB-BT Adapter and the Inno-Maker I2S DAC already installed and enumerated as Card 0 and Card 3.

The newly plugged-in Tone 1 shows up as card 4, can be selected, and plays as expected. 

Reboot. 

Now the two USB DACs are enumerated as cards 0 and 1 and the Inno-Maker I2S DAC as card 4. The Tone 1 is still the selected DAC that plays when I start a track.

Pretty cool.

Regards,
Kent
(04-12-2024, 12:45 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(04-11-2024, 10:32 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Ok, cool.

When convenient try the latest commit to worker.php to see if the software volume issue at startup with your USB/BT device  is resolved.

Probably tomorrow.

As for multiple DACs, I couldn't resist hot-plugging my Khadas Tone 1 USB DAC into the same Pi-4B with the Creative Tech USB-BT Adapter and the Inno-Maker I2S DAC already installed and enumerated as Card 0 and Card 3.

The newly plugged-in Tone 1 shows up as card 4, can be selected, and plays as expected. 

Reboot. 

Now the two USB DACs are enumerated as cards 0 and 1 and the Inno-Maker I2S DAC as card 4. The Tone 1 is still the selected DAC that plays when I start a track.

Pretty cool.

Regards,
Kent

For sure ALSA in Bookworm is light years better than Bullseye plus the coding to handle dynamic ALSA card assignment provided a nice challenge :-)
Enjoy the Music!