Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Upcoming moOde 9.0.0 (Bookworm)
Sorry, it's the new Pi-5B 1.0 4GB, the only one I own now. Moode image on a 32GB microSD card. The 4TB external USB powered HD only stores music.
As I'm waiting for a new transformer to build a linear power supply (LT1084 IC based) I'm temporarily powering the Pi5 by a mobile phone USB C PD charger. Although it's a 30W one it can only supply a 3A current when its output is 5V (9V=3A; 15V=2A; 20V=1.5A). Probably with a proper 5A @ 5V PD charger, the Pi5's power consumption is higher than its predecessors, I wouldn't have had any problem with my HD as the maximum output current on the USB outputs would be automatically set by the system.
But also in the past, as far as I can remember, with the Pi4 I also had to modify the config.txt file (the command should be a bit different).
Anyway, outside the PD chargers world, I suspect that I should edit the file even if my linear PSU could deliver 10Amps@5.1V. I could let you know later if you're interested in this information.
(04-19-2024, 12:22 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @popeye65 

Quote:Doing UNIX since 1991 and still having issues about thinking "journald/systemd/etc".

Have you heard the old saying, from the days of mechanical watches, "A man with one watch always knows what time it is. A man with two watches never knows."?

Back in the days when engineering workstations were a big deal, I was running 5 competing UNIX-based systems in my research lab: SunOS and Sun Solaris, DEC Ultrix, SGI IRIS, IBM AIX (don't ask; it was a crazy time). I never knew which branch of UNIX I was on.

I'm swiss and I own 4 mechanical watches. All my school friends work in the watch industry. They are now all driving expensive cars :-) At about that period I had SunOS, HP-UX, DEC Ultrix, and moved over to Solaris. A crazy period where a workstation was more expensive than a car. Luckily we had Linus working on fixing it.
(04-19-2024, 04:19 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Re ~pre4, I've played music through all the renderers, including squeezelite.
~pre4 working, albeit getting the waveshare 7.9" working with the correct resolution and orientation was a major pain. Still not certain if I got all the bits right.
Squeezelite working, Spotify as well. However I'm still getting the blank "sys-config.php" page from my Linux browsers.
(03-22-2024, 08:00 AM)wadada Wrote: Is there a plan to keep 32bit version 8.x alive? In my hobby room I maintain moode on a RASPI 2 and it is stable like hell. So would be great if at least the spotify renderer would be updated for some time to come...

(04-19-2024, 04:19 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @Tim Curtis 

Re ~pre4, I've played music through all the renderers, including squeezelite.

Thought I had a bit of bother with Bluetooth renderer as receiver, but that may have been me trying to do too many things at once. Will try again later with fresh image.

Seeing some interesting messages in the journal I haven't seen before. Will look into them later as well.

Regards,
Kent

Hi Kent,
Would you please be so kind to indicate how and where download the beta (if it is possible) ?
Best regards and thanks,
Francesco
(04-19-2024, 11:32 PM)fdealexa Wrote:
(03-22-2024, 08:00 AM)wadada Wrote: Is there a plan to keep 32bit version 8.x alive? In my hobby room I maintain moode on a RASPI 2 and it is stable like hell. So would be great if at least the spotify renderer would be updated for some time to come...

Thought I had a bit of bother with Bluetooth renderer as receiver, but that may have been me trying to do too many things at once. Will try again later with fresh image.

Seeing some interesting messages in the journal I haven't seen before. Will look into them later as well.

Regards,
Kent

Hi Kent,
Would you please be so kind to indicate how and where download the beta (if it is possible) ?
Best regards and thanks,
Francesco

Look at Tim's post up thread https://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread....6#pid53716

Have fun!

Regards,
Kent
@Tim Curtis 

Regarding the new Bluetooth renderer code,

1. fresh install on a Pi 5B (but I think I saw this in a prior fresh install on a Pi 4B)
2. go to Renderers screen and switch ON Bluetooth Controller having made no other changes

I don't see the player show up when I try to pair a new Bluetooth device from iPad or Pixel 6a.

3. go back to Renderers screen and RESTART Bluetooth Controller

Now the player shows up, can be paired with, and plays through bluealsa-aplay.

No idea how or if this relates to your new thread about the Bluetooth PIN code issue. Still trying to interpret various journal entries.

Regards,
Kent
(04-20-2024, 12:32 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @Tim Curtis 

Regarding the new Bluetooth renderer code,

1. fresh install on a Pi 5B (but I think I saw this in a prior fresh install on a Pi 4B)
2. go to Renderers screen and switch ON Bluetooth Controller having made no other changes

I don't see the player show up when I try to pair a new Bluetooth device from iPad or Pixel 6a.

3. go back to Renderers screen and RESTART Bluetooth Controller

Now the player shows up, can be paired with, and plays through bluealsa-aplay.

No idea how or if this relates to your new thread about the Bluetooth PIN code issue. Still trying to interpret various journal entries.

Regards,
Kent

I don't recall seeing this but I'll run some tests tomorrow. Prolly not related to PIN issue since thats a bt-agent thing and should not be related to the bluetooth controller (bluetoothd) advertising itself. Thats controlled by settings in /etc/bluetooth/main.conf
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-19-2024, 11:55 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 11:32 PM)fdealexa Wrote:

Regards,
Kent

Hi Kent,
Best regards and thanks,
Francesco

Look at Tim's post up thread https://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread....6#pid53716

Have fun!

Regards,
Kent

Thanks Kent and thanks(of course) Tim,
I am now downloading the image but I had to change "http://" to "https://".
Thanks again and have (all of you) a nice weekend,
Francesco
(04-19-2024, 09:11 PM)fralippo Wrote: Sorry, it's the new Pi-5B 1.0 4GB, the only one I own now. Moode image on a 32GB microSD card. The 4TB external USB powered HD only stores music.
As I'm waiting for a new transformer to build a linear power supply (LT1084 IC based) I'm temporarily powering the Pi5 by a mobile phone USB C PD charger. Although it's a 30W one it can only supply a 3A current when its output is 5V (9V=3A; 15V=2A; 20V=1.5A). Probably with a proper 5A @ 5V PD charger, the Pi5's power consumption is higher than its predecessors, I wouldn't have had any problem with my HD as the maximum output current on the USB outputs would be automatically set by the system.
But also in the past, as far as I can remember, with the Pi4 I also had to modify the config.txt file (the command should be a bit different).
Anyway, outside the PD chargers world, I suspect that I should edit the file even if my linear PSU could deliver 10Amps@5.1V. I could let you know later if you're interested in this information.

The Pi 5B "knows" whether a USB-C power source can supply more than 3A because of the information communicated from the source via the USB-C configuration channel. If your linear supply doesn't duplicate this behavior, the Pi 5B firmware will not enable USB boot even if more current is available, unless you override the settings.

Or at least that's how I understand it.

The Pi firmware is getting more complicated all the time. While the documentation is pretty good it tends to lag (surprise!) and is not very detailed in places.

Keep us posted.

Regards,
Kent
(04-19-2024, 09:17 PM)popeye65 Wrote:
(04-19-2024, 12:22 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: ...

I'm swiss and I own 4 mechanical watches. All my school friends work in the watch industry. They are now all driving expensive cars :-) At about that period I had SunOS, HP-UX, DEC Ultrix, and moved over to Solaris. A crazy period where a workstation was more expensive than a car. Luckily we had Linus working on fixing it.

Bet your watches are better timekeepers than my Timexes were Smile

How could I have forgotten HP-UX? Oh, yeah, I remember, we didn't have that workstation very long. I also didn't mention the Apollo Domain workstations we had before Sun Microsystems even existed. But the proprietary Apollo AEGIS OS wasn't UNIX. 

Good times.

Regards,
Kent