Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Upcoming moOde 9.0.0 (Bookworm)
Just loaded the latest image on a Pi4 with an Allo Boss 2.  I'm assuming that the Boss 2 fix hasn't been implemented yet.  aplay-l shows the Allo HAT as the default audio device and trying to play a file results in an MPD error:

"Failed to open "ALSA Default" (alsa); Failed to open ALSA device "_audioout": No such device."    

I also loaded it on a Pi 5 with USB audio out and it has worked well.  Looking forward to the production release.
(04-20-2024, 07:09 PM)nosferatu_cat Wrote: Just loaded the latest image on a Pi4 with an Allo Boss 2.  I'm assuming that the Boss 2 fix hasn't been implemented yet.  aplay-l shows the Allo HAT as the default audio device and trying to play a file results in an MPD error:

"Failed to open "ALSA Default" (alsa); Failed to open ALSA device "_audioout": No such device."    

I also loaded it on a Pi 5 with USB audio out and it has worked well.  Looking forward to the production release.

The "Boss 2 fix" was done way back in kernel 6.1.35. If it's not working in Bookworm (kernel 6.6.20) then something else is wrong with the driver. Given that Allo is no longer maintaining their products its up to someone else to debug and possibly fix the driver.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-20-2024, 07:18 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(04-20-2024, 07:09 PM)nosferatu_cat Wrote: Just loaded the latest image on a Pi4 with an Allo Boss 2.  I'm assuming that the Boss 2 fix hasn't been implemented yet.  aplay-l shows the Allo HAT as the default audio device and trying to play a file results in an MPD error:

The "Boss 2 fix" was done way back in kernel 6.1.35. If it's not working in Bookworm (kernel 6.6.20) then something else is wrong with the driver. Given that Allo is no longer maintaining their products its up to someone else to debug and possibly fix the driver.

Thanks.
I have tried pre4 image. My configuration is:
RPi -> HDMI -> AVR -> TV

I can't get sound on Zero 2W and 3B. 4B and 5B are working, but 5.1 channels are swapped. Difficult to guess which is which. I have 4.1 system and can't try them all.

I can't change volume control from "software" to "fixed". I get confirmation, but moode doesn't remember the setting.

On Zero 2W I have tried to get GUI on TV. I have switched "display on" and restarted, but no GUI, terminal only.
On 4B I somehow lost access to "system" configuration. Browser displayed only blank page, when I selected "system" from menu.

Anything I could test on my devices to help debugging?

Error displayed by RPi Zero 2W and 3B
Code:
MPD error
Failed to open "ALSA Default" (alsa); Failed to open ALSA device "_audioout": No such device

Audio info from Zero 2W:

Code:
Input / Output
Source http://radio.stereoscenic.com/ama-h
Source format MP3 Compression
Decoded to Not playing
Output format Not playing
ALSA mode IEC958 (iec958)
Audio chain MPD -> iec958 -> Device

DSP operations
Resample rate Off
Quality Off
Selective Off
CamillaDSP Off
Volume type MPD Software (24-bit)
Volume levels Knob 100, ALSA amixer: Unable to find simple control 'none',0, CDSP 0.0 dB

Audio Device
Device Pi HDMI 1
Mixer name n/a
Chip Broadcom SoC
Interface SOC
Formats IEC958_SUBFRAME_LE
Pi model Pi-Zero 2 W 1.0 512MB

Aplay info from Zero 2W:

Code:
popej@raspberrypi:~ $ aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****                                              
card 0: vc4hdmi [vc4-hdmi], device 0: MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0 [MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0]            
 Subdevices: 1/1                                                                        
 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0                                                              

popej@raspberrypi:~ $ aplay -L                                                            
null                                                                                      
   Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)                    
default                                                                                  
   Default Audio Device                                                                  
sysdefault                                                                                
   Default Audio Device                                                                  
_audioout                                                                                
_audioout__                                                                              
alsaequal                                                                                
plug_alsaequal                                                                            
btstream                                                                                  
camilladsp                                                                                
crossfeed                                                                                
plug_bs2b                                                                                
eqfa12p                                                                                  
plug_eqfa12p                                                                              
invpolarity                                                                              
trx_send                                                                                  
hw:CARD=vc4hdmi,DEV=0                                                                    
   vc4-hdmi, MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0                                                          
   Direct hardware device without any conversions                                        
plughw:CARD=vc4hdmi,DEV=0                                                                
   Hardware device with all software conversions                                        
default:CARD=vc4hdmi                                                                      
   Default Audio Device                                                                  
sysdefault:CARD=vc4hdmi                                                                  
   Default Audio Device                                                                  
hdmi:CARD=vc4hdmi,DEV=0                                                                  
   HDMI Audio Output                                                                    
dmix:CARD=vc4hdmi,DEV=0                                                                  
   Direct sample mixing device                                                          
popej@raspberrypi:~ $

Audio info from 4B:

Code:
Input / Output
Source NAS/kftk/mka/Dido-Live_At_Brixton_Academy.mka
Source format MKA 24 bit 48 kHz, 6-Channel
Decoded to PCM 24 bit 48 kHz, 6-Channel, 448 kbps
Output format PCM 24 bit 48 kHz, 6-Channel, 6.912 Mbps

DSP operations
Resample rate Off
Quality Off
Selective Off
CamillaDSP Off
Volume levels Knob 100, ALSA amixer: Unable to find simple control 'none',0, CDSP 0.0 dB

Audio Device
Device Pi HDMI 1
Mixer name n/a
Chip Broadcom SoC
Interface SOC
Pi model Pi-4B 1.2 4GB

Aplay info from 4B:

Code:
card 0: vc4hdmi0 [vc4-hdmi-0], device 0: MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0 [MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0]                    
card 1: vc4hdmi1 [vc4-hdmi-1], device 0: MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0 [MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0]                    
null                                                                                                
default                                                                                            
   Default Audio Device                                                                            
sysdefault                                                                                          
   Default Audio Device                                                                            
_audioout                                                                                          
_audioout__                                                                                        
alsaequal                                                                                          
plug_alsaequal                                                                                      
btstream                                                                                            
camilladsp                                                                                          
crossfeed                                                                                          
plug_bs2b                                                                                          
eqfa12p                                                                                            
plug_eqfa12p                                                                                        
invpolarity                                                                                        
trx_send                                                                                            
hw:CARD=vc4hdmi0,DEV=0                                                                              
   vc4-hdmi-0, MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0                                                                  
plughw:CARD=vc4hdmi0,DEV=0                                                                          
default:CARD=vc4hdmi0                                                                              
   Default Audio Device                                                                            
sysdefault:CARD=vc4hdmi0                                                                            
   Default Audio Device                                                                            
hdmi:CARD=vc4hdmi0,DEV=0                                                                            
   HDMI Audio Output                                                                              
dmix:CARD=vc4hdmi0,DEV=0                                                                            
hw:CARD=vc4hdmi1,DEV=0                                                                              
   vc4-hdmi-1, MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0                                                                  
plughw:CARD=vc4hdmi1,DEV=0                                                                          
default:CARD=vc4hdmi1                                                                              
   Default Audio Device                                                                            
sysdefault:CARD=vc4hdmi1                                                                            
   Default Audio Device                                                                            
hdmi:CARD=vc4hdmi1,DEV=0                                                                            
   HDMI Audio Output                                                                              
dmix:CARD=vc4hdmi1,DEV=0                                                                            
(04-20-2024, 09:06 PM)popej Wrote: I have tried pre4 image. My configuration is:
RPi -> HDMI -> AVR -> TV

I can't get sound on Zero 2W and 3B. 4B and 5B are working, but 5.1 channels are swapped. Difficult to guess which is which. I have 4.1 system and can't try them all.

I can't change volume control from "software" to "fixed". I get confirmation, but moode doesn't remember the setting.

On Zero 2W I have tried to get GUI on TV. I have switched "display on" and restarted, but no GUI, terminal only.
On 4B I somehow lost access to "system" configuration. Browser displayed only blank page, when I selected "system" from menu.

Anything I could test on my devices to help debugging?

Error displayed by RPi Zero 2W and 3B
Code:
MPD error
Failed to open "ALSA Default" (alsa); Failed to open ALSA device "_audioout": No such device

Audio info from Zero 2W:

Code:
Input / Output
Source http://radio.stereoscenic.com/ama-h
Source format MP3 Compression
Decoded to Not playing
Output format Not playing

DSP operations
Resample rate Off
Quality Off
Selective Off
CamillaDSP Off

Audio Device
Device Pi HDMI 1
Mixer name n/a
Chip Broadcom SoC
Interface SOC
Pi model Pi-Zero 2 W 1.0 512MB

Aplay info from Zero 2W:

Code:
card 0: vc4hdmi [vc4-hdmi], device 0: MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0 [MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0]            

null                                                                                      
default                                                                                  
   Default Audio Device                                                                  
sysdefault                                                                                
   Default Audio Device                                                                  
_audioout                                                                                
_audioout__                                                                              
alsaequal                                                                                
plug_alsaequal                                                                            
btstream                                                                                  
camilladsp                                                                                
crossfeed                                                                                
plug_bs2b                                                                                
eqfa12p                                                                                  
plug_eqfa12p                                                                              
invpolarity                                                                              
trx_send                                                                                  
hw:CARD=vc4hdmi,DEV=0                                                                    
plughw:CARD=vc4hdmi,DEV=0                                                                
default:CARD=vc4hdmi                                                                      
   Default Audio Device                                                                  
sysdefault:CARD=vc4hdmi                                                                  
   Default Audio Device                                                                  
hdmi:CARD=vc4hdmi,DEV=0                                                                  
   HDMI Audio Output                                                                    
dmix:CARD=vc4hdmi,DEV=0                                                                  

Audio info from 4B:

Code:
Input / Output
Source NAS/kftk/mka/Dido-Live_At_Brixton_Academy.mka
Source format MKA 24 bit 48 kHz, 6-Channel
Decoded to PCM 24 bit 48 kHz, 6-Channel, 448 kbps
Output format PCM 24 bit 48 kHz, 6-Channel, 6.912 Mbps

DSP operations
Resample rate Off
Quality Off
Selective Off
CamillaDSP Off

Audio Device
Device Pi HDMI 1
Mixer name n/a
Chip Broadcom SoC
Interface SOC
Pi model Pi-4B 1.2 4GB

Aplay info from 4B:

Code:
card 0: vc4hdmi0 [vc4-hdmi-0], device 0: MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0 [MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0]                    
card 1: vc4hdmi1 [vc4-hdmi-1], device 0: MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0 [MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0]                    
null                                                                                                
default                                                                                            
   Default Audio Device                                                                            
sysdefault                                                                                          
   Default Audio Device                                                                            
_audioout                                                                                          
_audioout__                                                                                        
alsaequal                                                                                          
plug_alsaequal                                                                                      
btstream                                                                                            
camilladsp                                                                                          
crossfeed                                                                                          
plug_bs2b                                                                                          
eqfa12p                                                                                            
plug_eqfa12p                                                                                        
invpolarity                                                                                        
trx_send                                                                                            
hw:CARD=vc4hdmi0,DEV=0                                                                              
plughw:CARD=vc4hdmi0,DEV=0                                                                          
default:CARD=vc4hdmi0                                                                              
   Default Audio Device                                                                            
sysdefault:CARD=vc4hdmi0                                                                            
   Default Audio Device                                                                            
hdmi:CARD=vc4hdmi0,DEV=0                                                                            
   HDMI Audio Output                                                                              
dmix:CARD=vc4hdmi0,DEV=0                                                                            
hw:CARD=vc4hdmi1,DEV=0                                                                              
plughw:CARD=vc4hdmi1,DEV=0                                                                          
default:CARD=vc4hdmi1                                                                              
   Default Audio Device                                                                            
sysdefault:CARD=vc4hdmi1                                                                            
   Default Audio Device                                                                            
hdmi:CARD=vc4hdmi1,DEV=0                                                                            
   HDMI Audio Output                                                                              
dmix:CARD=vc4hdmi1,DEV=0                                                                            

1. I can't get sound on Zero 2W and 3B (HDMI)

Bug. Will be fixed in upcoming ~pre5

2. 4B and 5B are working, but 5.1 channels are swapped. Difficult to guess which is which. I have 4.1 system and can't try them all.

Could be a kernel HDMI audio issue (HDMI)

3. I can't change volume control from "software" to "fixed". I get confirmation, but moode doesn't remember the setting.

Bug. Will be fixed in upcoming ~pre5

4. On Zero 2W I have tried to get GUI on TV. I have switched "display on" and restarted, but no GUI, terminal only.

Looks like some sort of issue with XServer on < Pi4 when KMS driver (the default for Bookworm)

Code:
pi@moode9:~ $ cat /home/pi/.local/share/xorg/Xorg.0.log
[  1517.711]
X.Org X Server 1.21.1.7
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
[  1517.712] Current Operating System: Linux moode9 6.6.20+rpt-rpi-v8 #1 SMP PREEMPT Debian 1:6.6.20-1+rpt1 (2024-03-07) aarch64
[  1517.712] Kernel command line: coherent_pool=1M 8250.nr_uarts=0 snd_bcm2835.enable_headphones=0 snd_bcm2835.enable_hdmi=0  vc_mem.mem_base=0x3ec00000 vc_mem.mem_size=0x40000000  console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty1 root=PARTUUID=a5bb28c4-02 rootfstype=ext4 fsck.repair=yes rootwait cfg80211.ieee80211_regdom=US
[  1517.712] xorg-server 2:21.1.7-3+rpt2+deb12u5 (https://www.debian.org/support)
[  1517.712] Current version of pixman: 0.42.2
[  1517.712]    Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
       to make sure that you have the latest version.
[  1517.712] Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
       (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
       (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
[  1517.712] (==) Log file: "/home/pi/.local/share/xorg/Xorg.0.log", Time: Sat Apr 20 17:47:14 2024
[  1517.713] (==) Using config directory: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d"
[  1517.713] (==) Using system config directory "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"
[  1517.713] (==) No Layout section.  Using the first Screen section.
[  1517.713] (==) No screen section available. Using defaults.
[  1517.713] (**) |-->Screen "Default Screen Section" (0)
[  1517.713] (**) |   |-->Monitor "<default monitor>"
[  1517.714] (==) No device specified for screen "Default Screen Section".
       Using the first device section listed.
[  1517.714] (**) |   |-->Device "kms"
[  1517.714] (==) No monitor specified for screen "Default Screen Section".
       Using a default monitor configuration.
[  1517.714] (**) Option "Debug" "dmabuf_capable"
[  1517.714] (==) Automatically adding devices
[  1517.714] (==) Automatically enabling devices
[  1517.714] (==) Automatically adding GPU devices
[  1517.714] (==) Automatically binding GPU devices
[  1517.714] (==) Max clients allowed: 256, resource mask: 0x1fffff
[  1517.714] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic" does not exist.
[  1517.714]    Entry deleted from font path.
[  1517.714] (==) FontPath set to:
       /usr/share/fonts/X11/misc,
       /usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi/:unscaled,
       /usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi/:unscaled,
       /usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1,
       /usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi,
       /usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi,
       built-ins
[  1517.714] (==) ModulePath set to "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
[  1517.714] (II) The server relies on udev to provide the list of input devices.
       If no devices become available, reconfigure udev or disable AutoAddDevices.
[  1517.714] (II) Loader magic: 0x5591ad0ef0
[  1517.714] (II) Module ABI versions:
[  1517.714]    X.Org ANSI C Emulation: 0.4
[  1517.714]    X.Org Video Driver: 25.2
[  1517.714]    X.Org XInput driver : 24.4
[  1517.714]    X.Org Server Extension : 10.0
[  1517.718] (EE) systemd-logind: failed to get session: PID 7109 does not belong to any known session
[  1517.720] (II) xfree86: Adding drm device (/dev/dri/card0)
[  1517.720] (II) Platform probe for /sys/devices/platform/soc/soc:gpu/drm/card0
[  1517.728] (**) OutputClass "vc4" setting /dev/dri/card0 as PrimaryGPU
[  1517.728] (II) LoadModule: "glx"
[  1517.729] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so
[  1517.733] (II) Module glx: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[  1517.733]    compiled for 1.21.1.7, module version = 1.0.0
[  1517.733]    ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 10.0
[  1517.733] (II) LoadModule: "modesetting"
[  1517.733] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/modesetting_drv.so
[  1517.735] (II) Module modesetting: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[  1517.735]    compiled for 1.21.1.7, module version = 1.21.1
[  1517.735]    Module class: X.Org Video Driver
[  1517.735]    ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 25.2
[  1517.735] (II) modesetting: Driver for Modesetting Kernel Drivers: kms
[  1517.735] (EE)
Fatal server error:
[  1517.735] (EE) parse_vt_settings: Cannot open /dev/tty0 (Permission denied)
[  1517.735] (EE)
[  1517.735] (EE)
Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support
        at http://wiki.x.org
for help.
[  1517.735] (EE) Please also check the log file at "/home/pi/.local/share/xorg/Xorg.0.log" for additional information.
[  1517.735] (EE)
[  1517.735] (WW) xf86CloseConsole: KDSETMODE failed: Bad file descriptor
[  1517.735] (WW) xf86CloseConsole: VT_GETMODE failed: Bad file descriptor
[  1517.735] (EE) Server terminated with error (1). Closing log file.
pi@moode9:~ $

5. On 4B I somehow lost access to "system" configuration. Browser displayed only blank page, when I selected "system" from menu.

Not able to repro but could still be a bug
Enjoy the Music!
I also confirm the loss of the system item on the Pi5.
Here too on Pi4.
Next when I am home will post log.
----------
bob
System page comes up OK on my Pi4.
For the "blank System Config page" issue, is there an error displayed in the Browser?
Enjoy the Music!
(04-21-2024, 11:16 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: For the "blank System Config page" issue, is there an error displayed in the Browser?

some times a "500-server error" or similar, often blank. Doing some more tests now, watching the journal and logs. OK I found something. On many pages, at least sys-config.php, answers are required in empty fields, eg in sysconfig.php, line 462:

$ipAddrParts = explode('.', $_SESSION['ipaddress']);

2024/04/19 23:03:40 [error] 741#741: *199 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught TypeError: explode(): Argument #2 ($string) must be of type string, array given in /var/www/sys-config.php:462
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/sys-config.php(462): explode()
#1 {main}
 thrown in /var/www/sys-config.php on line 462" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.50.126, server: , request: "GET /sys-config.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php8.2-fpm.sock:", host: "stealth", referrer: "http://stealth/spo-config.php"

my recommendation : if NFS is OFF, do not try to read the IP field.