Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Issues creating new radio station using HLS
Recently, CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) stopped streaming live radio using MP3, and started using HLS. I have not been able to get MoOde to play the new format. Here's are the HLS stream URLs for my local radio station (Ottawa):

https://cbcradiolive.akamaized.net/hls/l...aster.m3u8

https://cbcradiolive.akamaized.net/hls/l...ist_ao.m3u

The first is the master file that has streams for a number of different bit rates. The second is the URL for the 192K stream taken from the master file.

Neither URL works in MoOde. However, I have no trouble playing the stream on my desktop using Foobar player or using the HLS player at Livepush.io/HLS-player. I have had no trouble setting up new MoOde radio stations in the past. When I create a radio station with the stream, MoOde has no issue with the URL. When I play the station, it stays as the current playing station (unlike when there is an issue with the streaming source), but there is no sound.

Does anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong or a suggestion for diagnosing this further?

Tom Moore
Looks like you mis-copied the URL of the 192K stream. What you posted is missing the trailing "8" in the ".m3u8". My moOde 8.3.3 player has no problem playing

Code:
https://cbcradiolive.akamaized.net/hls/live/2041037-b/ES_R1ETT/adaptive_192/chunklist_ao.m3u8

Regards,
Kent
Kent

Thanks for responding.

Yes, I did miscopy when I put it in my post, but not in the radio station in moOde. I just checked it again and also rebooted moOde - all to no avail. I have player is 8.3.3 as well.

Any ideas where to go from here?

Tom
Works for me too but I'm not sure of the program material, lol. Currently its a news story about a biker gang getting their clubhouse torched by a rival gang :-0
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Problem solved. For the record, here's how I resolved the issue.

I have a playlist of stations I listen to. I normally load this playlist into the queue and play them from there. When I updated the streaming URL of a radio station, I edited the station in the Library Radio section. I'm not sure what then happens to the radio station in the queue, but it no longer works. I had to play the updated station from The Library Radio section and delete the  old queue reference to the station.

Tom
I'll add to the TODO list to search the Queue and ether update or delete the URL.
Enjoy the Music!
(07-12-2023, 10:02 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I'll add to the TODO list to search the Queue and ether update or delete the URL.

I think I'd just clear the Queue, but that's just me. Even so, there's still possibly one or more playlists containing the URL, right?

Regards,
Kent
(07-12-2023, 07:39 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(07-12-2023, 10:02 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I'll add to the TODO list to search the Queue and ether update or delete the URL.

I think I'd just clear the Queue, but that's just me. Even so, there's still possibly one or more playlists containing the URL, right?

Regards,
Kent

Good point. That would make the process cumbersome since it would involve grep searching files. I'll put a tbd on it.
Enjoy the Music!
(07-13-2023, 01:34 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(07-12-2023, 07:39 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:

Regards,
Kent

Good point. That would make the process cumbersome since it would involve grep searching files. I'll put a tbd on it.
Hi dev! Mind me to ask if i can add my local radio on my player? And how can i add local radio?