The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Run Script with play button (yet another...)
Question 
Hello everybody,

my name is Matthias and I've switched from volumio to moode because I like the look and the ability to have a usable os in the background.

I've modifed my old mini-HiFi System with a RPi to play internet radio streams via the tape input  Cool
Because my mini-HiFi System draws a lot of power in standby mode, I want to use the "Eco-Power" feature. Therefore I soldered some wires to the pcb where the button is located and connected it to an optocoupler and the other side to a Pi GPIO. It works really well in volumio.

That's what I wanted to have in moode, too. I know that I'm not the only one as I saw a lot of threads on this topic.
But: Most of them use a frequent polling of the audio output. This works of course, but uses a lot of CPU power. I want to save the energy as the system will be not outputting audio most of the day.

My question is if there is a callback function when the play/pause button is pressed or if there is an easy way to insert a script when the button is pressed. This would lead to a much lower CPU load and to a lower power consumption.
I don't net to be able to configure it via the web ui. It'd be perfectly fine if I have to copy and activate the script via ssh.

Thanks in advance for your input! Smile

Regards to everyone!
Matthias

Messages In This Thread
Run Script with play button (yet another...) - by MattOff491 - 10-14-2019, 05:35 PM