Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: Use rpi LEDs as status LEDs for moOde itself
(04-30-2020, 01:25 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(04-29-2020, 11:28 PM)romain Wrote:
(04-29-2020, 10:25 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I think auto-remount is goodness for all users but I'll have to think about how the LED status feature will co-exist with the existing LED feature. The existing feature is for users that want to turn the LED's off. Maybe on System Config we could do drop downs like below.

Code:
LED0 (Act): [            ] On, Off, Mount Status
LED1 (Pwr): [            ] On, Off, Mount Status

Btw, what Open Source license do you want to attach to your nice script, GPLv3, MIT?

-Tim
Rethinking about how both features would co-exist, I think LED0 and LED1 shouldn't be set independantly when choosing the "Mount Status" because both LEDs are useful for this purpose. Does it make sense ?

Makes sense. Im not sure how to do the UI options cos some users want to control each LED, mainly leaving power ON but turning the activity LED off.
Maybe something like a 'LED Operation' dropdown list with two options: 
- On/Off (default)
- Mount Status

with the LED0/LED1 toggle switches just below

If the user chooses the Mount Status option then the LED0/LED1 toggle switches could become unavailable, hidden or greyed out, and the LEDs would be disabled by worker.php letting the systemd service handle them. Maybe too complicated, I don't know.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Use rpi LEDs as status LEDs for moOde itself - by romain - 04-30-2020, 08:21 AM