Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: localization
In translation, the best scenario is translating from a 2nd language to the 1st (native) language of the translator as this reduces the chance of errors and awkward syntax in the result. So, for localization of MoOde, it would be best if volunteers were translating from English to their native tongue and have a knowledge of the relevant technical vocabulary in both languages as well.

That said, I could put my hand up to translate into Japanese (my second language) if that was requested.

But as Kent has mentioned, how do we check the results? A native language speaker with the tech vocab would be best, but should you roll out localized versions before they have been reviewed as such? If so then we rely on general users to pick up the problem instances and suggest more appropriate terms.

Then there is the problem of fonts and potential problems re-formatting the interface to accommodate non-western typefaces. How robust is the GUI to changes in typeface across various browsers and platforms?

Messages In This Thread
localization - by bitlab - 06-22-2020, 06:55 PM
RE: localization - by Tim Curtis - 06-22-2020, 07:24 PM
RE: localization - by rhizomusicosmos - 06-23-2020, 12:37 AM
RE: localization - by the_bertrum - 06-23-2020, 09:37 AM
RE: localization - by bitlab - 06-23-2020, 09:43 AM
RE: localization - by TheOldPresbyope - 06-23-2020, 01:24 PM
RE: localization - by rhizomusicosmos - 06-26-2020, 12:25 AM