Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 6.7.1 support thread
@wavemountain

This issue has nothing to do with the tracks being on a NAS or on a local drive.

I have to apologize. I was testing on a moOde r6.7.1 player I built myself from the build recipe.

The DLNA Server function is fulfilled by the binary /usr/sbin/minidlnad

It appears that there has been a regression between moOde r6.5.2 and all later releases. 

I just checked the downloadable images for r6.6.0, r6.7.0, and r6.7.1. All of these contain the unpatched minidlnad (which is the stock version distributed with Raspberry Pi OS Lite) and not the latest minidlnad which includes patches to support DSF and DFF files. This latest minidlnad should have overlaid the stock version during the moOde build process. I don't know what happened there.

Try this: from the command line, run minidlnad -V

It should respond "Version 1.2.1+0763719". If it responds "Version 1.2.1" then it is the unpatched version.

Sadly, my previous post was yet another example of me going wrong with confidence Blush  I'm sorry I misled you. 

@Tim Curtis - can you nail up the correct minidlnad binary somewhere on the moodeaudio server so the few folks who need DSD support in their DLNA Server don't have to wait for the next update?

To possible users: pull the latest minidlnad into user pi's home directory on your moOde player. Save the old minidlnad just in case. Then as root, copy the new one from pi's home directory into its final position. Something like:

Code:
(as user pi in /home/pi directory, e.g., at the prompt "pi@moode:~ $ ")
mkdir backup
cp /usr/sbin/minidlnad backup/minidlnad.old
sudo cp minidlnad /usr/sbin/minidlnad

From the Audio Config screen, turn off the DLNA Server (if it is already "ON") and then set it on. The database will be rebuilt and you should be good to go.

Regards,
Kent

Messages In This Thread
Small GUI detail - by jv275475 - 07-24-2020, 07:46 AM
Tags used by Moode - by Macdelf - 08-02-2020, 01:46 PM
RE: Official moOde 6.7.1 support thread - by TheOldPresbyope - 08-04-2020, 12:29 AM
Track Tags - by Macdelf - 12-16-2020, 11:57 PM
RE: Track Tags - by TheOldPresbyope - 12-17-2020, 12:56 AM
RE: Track Tags - by Macdelf - 12-17-2020, 04:32 PM
RE: Track Tags - by Kikaha - 12-17-2020, 05:01 PM