Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

So, you hate the animated bargraph icon?
(12-22-2020, 12:46 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Do you hate it enough to hack your moOde 7.0.0 player?

I don't mind it myself---indeed I lean toward liking it---but with a few minutes to spare after dinner I sussed out enough of the feature to come up with a little script you can execute from the command line in user pi's home directory. Afterward, the 'now-playing line' in the queue will be denoted by an static ellipsis instead of by the animated bargraph.

Code:
sudo mv /var/www/images/4band-npicon/audiod.svg /var/www/images/4band-npicon/audiod.bak
sudo mv /var/www/images/4band-npicon/audiow.svg /var/www/images/4band-npicon/audiow.bak
sudo ln -s /var/www/images/dots.png /var/www/images/4band-npicon/audiod.svg
sudo ln -s /var/www/images/dots.png /var/www/images/4band-npicon/audiow.svg

If you don't like the effect, you can reverse your steps with

Code:
sudo mv /var/www/images/4band-npicon/audiod.bak /var/www/images/4band-npicon/audiod.svg
sudo mv /var/www/images/4band-npicon/audiow.bak /var/www/images/4band-npicon/audiow.svg

Why does this work? The animation is contained entirely within the two scalable vector graphics files. By replacing each of them with a link to a static image file already available in the distro we kill the animation.

Why not just edit the Javascript/CSS files that point to the svg files and instead show the line number like moOde used to? I'll leave that to you (hint - minification).

Why not point to a better image file? Hey, do I have to do everything? If you got this far, you can do as you like.

As always, no guarantees---I may be causing damage to some other part of moOde out of ignorance (I'm not a frontend developer). I'm sure if I am I'll hear about it Tongue

Regards,
Kent

Many thanks for this Kent,

I didn't really have an issue with the animation but I tried your script and subsequently decided that a static indication just looked 'cleaner' to me.

I share the following as the potentially 'better' image file you mention above:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnwUPxE5ivkChTufPSNi...J?e=kd0rxI

Link to 'nowplaying.zip' containing two images - npd.svg and npw.svg - one for light (npd.svg) and one for dark (npw.svg) background themes.
I kept to the fill-colour of the original animated icons.

Your script would now become:

sudo mv /var/www/images/4band-npicon/audiod.svg /var/www/images/4band-npicon/audiod.bak
sudo mv /var/www/images/4band-npicon/audiow.svg /var/www/images/4band-npicon/audiow.bak
sudo ln -s /var/www/images/npd.svg /var/www/images/4band-npicon/audiod.svg
sudo ln -s /var/www/images/npw.svg /var/www/images/4band-npicon/audiow.svg

...after first copying the images to the var/www/images directory of course.

Here's how they look (attachment):

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Pi-4B[1GB] with Allo DigiOne SPDIF

'This is the time. And this is the record of the time.'

Messages In This Thread
RE: So, you hate the animated bargraph icon? - by gbh_uk - 12-22-2020, 07:39 PM