Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: allow local mpd modifications without overwriting them
(02-08-2021, 12:35 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: What's your usage scenario for MPD FIFO?

If it's a generally applicable scenario you could make the case that a dedicated option should be added to Audio Config.

It is a corner case, but one that others might want to go down.  I have this pi hat that is a tube headphone amplifier, and I'm really digging the lush sound coming from it.  It is stuck in a bare bones, open sided case that doesn't protect it too much and is too light - I've swept it off the table twice already.

I figured that I'd build it a case that would really show it off, black walnut, tube/caps/heat sink all poking out the top, big volume/on/off knob, couple of discreet momentary buttons to pause/play and skip, and an LED strip.  The LED strip is going to take the most time...

I plan on putting up a stereo spectrum visualizer or something along those lines, and so need to push the audio output through an FFT for my own purposes, which is the plan for the FIFO.  I was going to base my code off of this project I found: https://github.com/David96/mpd_visualizer , and look into the ncmpcpp codebase which uses the same approach.
I've mostly a C/C++ background and I wanted to explore python more with this project.  End result would be a python program to interpret the audio into a nice visual output to drive the LED strip (via the pi's SPI).  I could abstract it out so others could use it - basically define the length of the LED strip in a config file and you'd be good to go.

I not in a hurry to do this.  It's just for fun and there are a bunch of other parts that need to come together.  Thanks for your interest..

Messages In This Thread
RE: allow local mpd modifications without overwriting them - by hindumagic - 02-08-2021, 01:47 AM