Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: allow local mpd modifications without overwriting them
(02-08-2021, 01:38 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Just keep in mind that what you are using is a developer tweak meant to make testing new things easier. It's not a feature and it might not exist in upcoming versions of moOde.

Your best bet is to make a case for an MPD fifo output to be included in stock moOde.

Point taken.

I like the current approach with being able to modify mpd's config beside Moode.  But if it is only intended as a transitory development tool, then perhaps investigating my original idea is a good solution.  I could experiment or look at mpd's details, but if the "include_optional" config directive behaves as Moode's current mpd.custom.conf approach then it would be a viable solution.

I like it because it makes things nicely flexible and yet is hidden away from the average user who shouldn't care to be there.

In general, I don't think most would want the extra overhead of having this output so including it in Moode's release isn't that useful, IMO.
Keep in mind that I've only been using Moode for half a week and I don't know how the upgrade cycle works,

Messages In This Thread
RE: allow local mpd modifications without overwriting them - by hindumagic - 02-08-2021, 03:44 AM