Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: CamillaDSP - MPD unable to play flat.yml
Quote:Now lets see if we can find a reason of the issues, but lets first go back to the beginning:
  • turnof camilladsp.
  • select headphone or hdmi as playdevice from the moode interface, hooking up to a headphone/speaker whatever you have available.
  • verify if you have sound by using the default supplied test file.
if successful:
  • at moode camilladsp config page make sure the default device option in 
  • select the flat configuration
  • press save
  • play again the test file
  •  if the first try isn't successfull select annother default available config press save and after that switch back to flat and press save.
  • play again the test file
Let us know what the results are?

Hi @bitlab 

Thank you for the very detailed response above.  

I started with a freshly flashed image of Moode 7.1 and I was able to get CamillaDSP working for both flat.yml and quick_convolution.yml, for both the HDMI and the headphone jack output. I noticed that when I change the device under the MPD settings GUI, then I would need to change-and-change-back the file in the CamillaDSP GUI, so that it would get the right hardware output device.  But great news being that there is sound coming through when Camilla is enabled, and it sounds different.

But then when I do exactly the same for the USBStreamer under the MPD settings GUI (and toggle/save the Camilla profiles) it goes back to "mpd playback error".  It does appear to be pointing to the right spot in hw:2,0 and all the settings look otherwise the same as for when it goes to the headphone jack (hw:1,0).  

So it would suggest the MiniDSP USBStreamer module is the culprit. In terms of Alsa everything else looks same as before (aplay -l; aplay -L etc.)

If you have any further test suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

Code:
cat /var/log/mpd/log

Apr 22 10:23:57.307 INFO Starting playback from Prepared state, module: camillalib::alsadevice
[color=#000000][font=Menlo]Apr 22 10:24 : player: played "http://ice1.somafm.com/beatblender-128-aac"[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Menlo]Apr 22 10:24:19.839 INFO Capture finished, module: camilladsp[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Menlo]Apr 22 10:24:19.909 INFO Playback finished, module: camilladsp[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Menlo]Apr 22 10:24:28.799 INFO Starting playback from Prepared state, module: camillalib::alsadevice[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Menlo]Apr 22 10:24:46.710 ERRO Playback error: ALSA function 'snd_pcm_hw_params_set_channels' failed with error 'EINVAL: Invalid argument', module: camilladsp[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Menlo]Apr 22 10:24:46.712 INFO Playback thread has already stopped., module: camillalib::processing[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Menlo]Apr 22 10:24 : exception: Failed to play on "ALSA CamillaDSP" (alsa): snd_pcm_poll_descriptors_revents() failed: No such device[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Menlo]Apr 22 10:24 : exception: Failed to open audio output[/font][/color]

Messages In This Thread
RE: CamillaDSP - MPD unable to play flat.yml - by gingerbeer - 04-22-2021, 02:43 PM