Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi
(09-29-2022, 10:25 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(09-29-2022, 09:00 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: Aha.....I had forgotten that the  headphone output could be disabled....the things one lets slide lol.

I will try with  dtparam  audio=off  and see if that fixes it :-)

looks like that has done the trick...will try again tomorrow when i have the system running again.

Code:
aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: Loopback [Loopback], device 0: Loopback PCM [Loopback PCM]
 Subdevices: 6/8
 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
 Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
 Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
 Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
 Subdevice #4: subdevice #4
 Subdevice #5: subdevice #5
 Subdevice #6: subdevice #6
 Subdevice #7: subdevice #7
card 0: Loopback [Loopback], device 1: Loopback PCM [Loopback PCM]
 Subdevices: 8/8
 Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
 Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
 Subdevice #2: subdevice #2
 Subdevice #3: subdevice #3
 Subdevice #4: subdevice #4
 Subdevice #5: subdevice #5
 Subdevice #6: subdevice #6
 Subdevice #7: subdevice #7
Quick trial without any HDMI connected and all seems to be fine!!  Got the spectrum analyser  and the title scrolling working.

That output shows only the Loopback device. There is no HDMI or Headphone audio device prolly because of audio=off.

What I've observed with Headphone or HDMI audio  + Loopback is that 44.1K rate will cause MPD playback error while other rates play fine. I've only been able to get 44.1K to work by setting SoX to Depth=Any, Rate=Something other than 44.1K
Just connected system to test and you are correct....back to the problem behaviour with no audio when loopback set and the error..
Code:
MPD error
Failed to open "ALSA Default" (alsa); Error opening ALSA device "_audioout"; snd_pcm_hw_params_set_buffer_time_near() failed: Invalid argument

Unfortunately the sox  workaround doesn't work for my AVR and I've abandoned HDMI and refitted a HiFiBerry Digi+-pro (after repairing it yet again !)   The oled is now working fine...
Code:
ExecStart=/usr/bin/mpd_oled  -o 6 -b 16 -g 1 -f 20 -s 20.0,2.0,10.0,5.0 -C 3 -c alsa,plughw:Loopback,1
----------
bob

Messages In This Thread
RE: 128x64 OLED with Song Status and Spectrum Display on Raspberry Pi - by DRONE7 - 09-29-2022, 07:04 PM
RE: help me - by ghera78 - 02-28-2020, 08:01 AM
RE: help me - by ghera78 - 02-28-2020, 01:17 PM