The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.34 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Adafruit 3.5 TFT (320x480) shows shell but no UI
The TFT is for a RASPI and certainly looks similar a report for a different RASPI TFT with problems. Running on a 3B+.

I know this has been covered elsewhere for a different TFT, but the setup for the adafruit device is somewhat different and I was hoping there might be someone out there who already has this working.

I ran the setup and configured the screen to use fbcp, HDMI is enabled in the MoodeUI. 

The adafruit setup modifies config.txt and adds the following:
Code:
[all]
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
dtparam=spi=on
dtparam=i2c1=on
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
dtoverlay=pitft35-resistive,rotate=90,speed=20000000,fps=20

I don't see changes in /boot/cmdline.txt, /etc/rc.local.

Is there anything else I need to look at?

Googling hasn't helped much other than pointing me at the Adafruit site where the installation guide resides.

Honestly, it's not the most important thing in the world ATM, it's curiosity mostly, though I'd like to get it working. I had the screen in a box of bits left over from another project that changed direction...

Messages In This Thread
Adafruit 3.5 TFT (320x480) shows shell but no UI - by Steven Crook - 10-15-2022, 12:59 PM