Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

moOde Network Name aberration
(05-08-2023, 04:39 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @Wheel_nut

I wasn’t aware this hostname kerfuffle could happen until you posted but I can repro.

The thing is, I have always taken advantage of Tim’s nice /boot/moodecfg.ini feature to provision my multiple players. Have you looked at it?

I can easily edit the file with editor or script to customize the hostname, player name, and renderer names in (my own) consistent way. Actually, I start with a semi-customized file on hand that already has the timezone and networking paarameters set.  ‘Course I have to check with each release that the structure and content of the moodecfg.ini.default file hasn’t changed. 

Regards,
Kent

Hi Kent, I am glad that you were able to repro. I am not a developer, having failed to keep up my skills a few decades ago but I do have a talent for finding undocumented "feechurs" Big Grin 

I am unaware of Tim's nice /boot/moodecfg.ini feature but I have been using the Backup and Restore functions to recover my configurations. My short term memory is not what it used to be and I have tried writing down such details but I find that I invatiably "forget" to read my notes! For this reason, I greatly appreciate Tim's editing of the Setup instructions which should be the obvious place to go when an installation goes wrong. Like many others on here, I also seem to only resort to RTFM when I encounter a problem Rolleyes 

With the improved structure of the configuration panels in recent releases, I find it very intuitive to configure moOde from scratch. What threw me this time was that having failed to configure the RPi Installer Settings, moOde wouldn't fall back to Access Point Mode and even when I tried connecting by Ethernet, I couldn't change any of the moOde configuration settings (as has been reported by others). However, RTFM set me straight and I was going again.

I am not sure of who maintains the RPi Installer but AFAIK, the only settings that work are the SSID/ Passphrase and UserID/ Password settings. It may be worth putting a line in the Setup Guide about this until it is fixed.

... back to enjoying the Music.

- Robin

Messages In This Thread
moOde Network Name aberration - by Wheel_nut - 05-07-2023, 01:01 PM
RE: moOde Network Name aberration - by Tim Curtis - 05-07-2023, 01:26 PM
RE: moOde Network Name aberration - by Wheel_nut - 05-07-2023, 09:06 PM
RE: moOde Network Name aberration - by Wheel_nut - 05-07-2023, 10:19 PM
RE: moOde Network Name aberration - by Tim Curtis - 05-08-2023, 01:16 AM
RE: moOde Network Name aberration - by Wheel_nut - 05-08-2023, 01:47 AM
RE: moOde Network Name aberration - by Wheel_nut - 05-08-2023, 08:37 PM
RE: moOde Network Name aberration - by Wheel_nut - 05-09-2023, 11:54 AM