Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Moode 8.3.3 in place update not possible
Dear all,

This message to inform you that I eventually found why my setup was not able to update it's self:
  • During te COVID Lockdown, I built a Moode setup, and I wanted to display a splashscreen during Moode's boot,
  • I tried many proposed solutions (I asked for solutions in the Moode's Forum) but I found none of them to be really satisfying (the splashscreen's display time was not long enough with respect to the boot's time and there was always a "black screen" during boot),
  • I found someone apparently proposing a "simple" solution (just a line in the config.txt file as described in https://gitlab.com/DarkElvenAngel/initramfs-splash) and when I tested it, I found that the display time was longer than the other solutions.
As I am not a linux programmer, I did not realize that the use of this solution (maybe due to a bug) removed the /dev/root directory and when I removed "initramfs initramfs.img" then after reboot, all was set as normal.

Thank you for your support: the analysis done by Tim and Ken put my on the right track.

Best regards,

Messages In This Thread
RE: Moode 8.3.3 in place update not possible - by pkdick - 08-27-2023, 07:52 AM